Author Topic: Terrifying Incident After USS Ronald Reagan Docks at Japan Naval Base: Chinese Drone Apparently Surv  (Read 188 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Terrifying Incident After USS Ronald Reagan Docks at Japan Naval Base: Chinese Drone Apparently Surveys Deck
Story by Mike Landry • 8h

A seagoing vessel or aircraft approaching a warship of the U.S. -- or any nation, for that matter -- must identify itself or face what could be lethal consequences.

Conventional spycraft take time to reach their target and can be immobilized before breaching a ship’s security.

But what about a drone, quickly zipping above and around a ship, gathering its spy data, and then just as quickly vanishing?

Welcome to a new military headache.

What's more, a drone incursion may be more than a spy venture, but an attack.

While U.S. and Japanese officials are somewhat vague about the origins of the video, apparent drone photography was used to post on social media pictures of the American aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan when it was recently at Yokosuka Naval Base in Japan, Stars and Stripes reported.
The video of the carrier appeared on social media platform X.

The drone was reportedly put up by a Chinese citizen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/terrifying-incident-after-uss-ronald-reagan-docks-at-japan-naval-base-chinese-drone-apparently-surveys-deck/ar-BB1mbEdO?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=e186ac99b1474df29b2cd55a7af7358a&ei=34
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In Viet Nam days, when a carrier transited to the Philippines, the Russians would send a TU-95 Bear to take recon photos of the ship.  It was greeted by two fighters with an Alert 5 standing by.  On my second deployment the Captain was a mustang and tough as nails.  He invited all who wanted to come to the flight deck and "flip" the plane the "international sign of peace."  I wonder what their intelligence people thought when they saw 1,000 men flipping off the Bear? :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"Terrifying"??
Hyperbole designed to get clicks...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

In Viet Nam days, when a carrier transited to the Philippines, the Russians would send a TU-95 Bear to take recon photos of the ship.  It was greeted by two fighters with an Alert 5 standing by.  On my second deployment the Captain was a mustang and tough as nails.  He invited all who wanted to come to the flight deck and "flip" the plane the "international sign of peace."  I wonder what their intelligence people thought when they saw 1,000 men flipping off the Bear? :silly:

They should have dropped drawers and given the "full moon" salute!

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
There were no women on ships at that point so we could well have.  I like it. :thumbsup:
Thomas Jefferson