General Category > Weather

It's not a matter of if a hurricane will hit Florida, but when, forecasters say

<< < (2/3) > >>

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: cato potatoe on May 11, 2024, 07:13:40 pm ---The gulf has seen its share lately.  I’m thinking the mid Atlantic and New England are overdue.

--- End quote ---

They are. 

libertybele:
I don't buy into the climate change claims. Weather is cyclical and hurricanes are as well.  It is my understanding that SWFL hadn't seen a Cat 5 hurricane in almost 50 years so we were long over due. We've had years with no activity but the past couple of years have been quite active so I'm hoping that we'll soon be heading into another calm period.

catfish1957:
CSU is predictibg a heck of an active season this year.  No sectors will be immune

PeteS in CA:
Has there ever been a hurricane season, since reasonably complete records began, when Florida was not "hit" by a hurricane?

libertybele:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on May 11, 2024, 09:41:47 pm ---Has there ever been a hurricane season, since reasonably complete records began, when Florida was not "hit" by a hurricane?

--- End quote ---

There's a huge difference between a tropical storm and a hurricane. 

I looked up the stats; Since 1851 only eighteen hurricane seasons passed without a known storm impacting the state. Florida has gone 10 years without a hurricane hitting the state.

The three areas/cities of FL that are more prone to hurricanes are; 1) Miami, 2) Key West, 3) Tampa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version