Author Topic: Biden Tweaks Asylum Rules to Minimize Media Coverage of Criminal Migrants  (Read 83 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Tweaks Asylum Rules to Minimize Media Coverage of Criminal Migrants

by NEIL MUNRO 9 May 2024

President Joe Biden’s deputies are tweaking the asylum rules to trim their release of additional criminal migrants into the United States before the 2024 election.

The proposed rule change is getting good headlines for the administration — and is being used by Biden’s campaign team to aid his very low polls. Axios presented the White House’s narrative: “It is one of several actions being weighed by President Biden to clamp down on illegal border crossings ahead of the election, as Biden and Democrats try to go on offense on one of their most vulnerable issues.”

But the pro-migration Associated Press admitted, “The [four sources] also said the proposal affects a relatively small universe of migrants and those who would not be qualified to receive asylum protections anyway.”

“That was something that the Trump administration proposed, but [in 2021] the Biden administration was like, ‘Yeah, no, we’re not doing that,'” Andrew Arthur, a former immigration judge who now works with the Center for Immigration Studies, told Breitbart News.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-elect...inal-migrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson