Author Topic: -80°C: Antarctic Vostok Station Records “Extreme Winter Cold”…Not Even Winter Yet!  (Read 115 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
-80°C: Antarctic Vostok Station Records “Extreme Winter Cold”…Not Even Winter Yet!
10 hours ago Guest Blogger 18 Comments

From the NoTricksZone

By P Gosselin

German weather site wetteronline.de reported “extreme winter cold” in Antarctica as the mercury plummeted to “almost minus 80 degrees Celsius” on April 29, 2024.

Image: NASA

And it’s not even winter yet.

Hat-tip: Heinz

“On April 29, almost minus 80 degrees were measured at the Russian Vostok research station. Such extreme cold is rarely reached this early in the year,” reported wetteronline.de.

The record, -89.3°C, was recorded in the middle of winter, on July 21, 1983, thus making the last week’s late April reading very unusual.

“Values below minus 80 degrees in April are also extremely rare at the Earth’s cold pole and have only been recorded three times in the last 60 years,” wetteronline.de adds.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/05/09/80c-antarctic-vostok-station-records-extreme-winter-coldnot-even-winter-yet/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson