Author Topic: California Becomes the State With the Highest Debt as Reliance on Taxpayers Backfires  (Read 367 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Becomes the State With the Highest Debt as Reliance on Taxpayers Backfires
©Source: Pinterest

California, one of the most populated states in the United States, never ceases to have pressing issues. The big state is currently battling with a huge debt that has reached approximately $21 billion.

The genesis of this huge debt can be traced back to the pandemic period when the state had to borrow a huge sum from the federal government to pay for unemployment benefits. Also, the state currently accounts for 20% of the nation’s unemployment, which contributed to the state’s financial problems.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/california-becomes-the-state-with-the-highest-debt-as-reliance-on-taxpayers-backfires/ss-BB1m70La?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=c81f2dd049b74a24a80ec75ddbadf6f4&ei=87#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Last I heard, the debt was somewhere around $60B, not $21B...someone's cooking the books.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline PeteS in CA

Last I heard, the debt was somewhere around $60B, not $21B...someone's cooking the books.

The State of California has been cooking the books for so long that the books have transitioned from "hammered" to "whole burnt offering". $$ gets shuffled from one budgetary area to another. Gas tax and DMV fee $$ that should be used for road/highway building and maintenance has been funneled into Sacred Mass Transit boondoggles for decades (think Moonbeam 1.0). Teachers' and state employees' pension funds have been underfunded for decades.

This is a big part of why I was and am so POed that R Mo-o-o-o-o-oooooooderates ego-stroked Ahnold the RINO into running for governor in the Gray Davis recall. State Rep Tom McClintock would have won instead, and he knew where every budgetary skeleton-closet was and where every budgetary body was buried. Ahnold the RINO was a budgetary invertebrate!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

McClintock would have been awesome.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The State of California has been cooking the books for so long that the books have transitioned from "hammered" to "whole burnt offering". $$ gets shuffled from one budgetary area to another. Gas tax and DMV fee $$ that should be used for road/highway building and maintenance has been funneled into Sacred Mass Transit boondoggles for decades (think Moonbeam 1.0). Teachers' and state employees' pension funds have been underfunded for decades.

This is a big part of why I was and am so POed that R Mo-o-o-o-o-oooooooderates ego-stroked Ahnold the RINO into running for governor in the Gray Davis recall. State Rep Tom McClintock would have won instead, and he knew where every budgetary skeleton-closet was and where every budgetary body was buried. Ahnold the RINO was a budgetary invertebrate!
:yowsa: pointing-up
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

I am quite certain that NY and NYC engage in the same short of "data quality issues" as well.

Offline PeteS in CA

I am quite certain that NY and NYC engage in the same short of "data quality issues" as well.

I'm sure other ultra-Blue states have done similarly. They've just hidden it better.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.