State Chapters > California

California Becomes the State With the Highest Debt as Reliance on Taxpayers Backfires

<< < (2/2)

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on May 10, 2024, 05:25:43 pm ---The State of California has been cooking the books for so long that the books have transitioned from "hammered" to "whole burnt offering". $$ gets shuffled from one budgetary area to another. Gas tax and DMV fee $$ that should be used for road/highway building and maintenance has been funneled into Sacred Mass Transit boondoggles for decades (think Moonbeam 1.0). Teachers' and state employees' pension funds have been underfunded for decades.

This is a big part of why I was and am so POed that R Mo-o-o-o-o-oooooooderates ego-stroked Ahnold the RINO into running for governor in the Gray Davis recall. State Rep Tom McClintock would have won instead, and he knew where every budgetary skeleton-closet was and where every budgetary body was buried. Ahnold the RINO was a budgetary invertebrate!

--- End quote ---

I am quite certain that NY and NYC engage in the same short of "data quality issues" as well.

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on May 11, 2024, 12:49:31 pm ---I am quite certain that NY and NYC engage in the same short of "data quality issues" as well.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure other ultra-Blue states have done similarly. They've just hidden it better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version