Author Topic: The Swamp Survived: Why Trump Failed to “Drain the Swamp"  (Read 820 times)

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Re: The Swamp Survived: Why Trump Failed to “Drain the Swamp"
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 03:15:45 am »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 05:07:28 am »
Only the voters can drain the swamp by not re-electing incumbents.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 06:15:22 pm »
I view the "swamp" as the unelected bureaucrats who make and implement policy throughout the executive branch.  So to drain that swamp, two things must happen:

1) an incoming president must fire immediately all political appointees from the prior Administration, throughout every administrative agency.  That will likely cause some short-term chaos, but it will definitely be worth it.

2) reclassify more higher ranking civil service positions into political appointee positions so that civil servants with more discretionary authority can be replaced by an incoming president.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2024, 10:05:57 pm »
"The swamp" can be "neutralized" without having to actually "drain" it.

I have the way. The plan.

I'm the one Mr. Trump should call...
(completely serious about this)

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2024, 10:37:01 pm »
Don't hold your breath for Trump draining anything.  In his 1st term, he kept 1,400 Obama appointees in place, and his FAILURE to purge these commies (yes, literally many were avowed commies) undermined him every damn day.

No one has the ability or the will to drain the swamp.  NO ONE!!!!  It is here to stay.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2024, 11:00:29 pm »
It is the cause of any government to preserve and extend itself. It's what they do.

"the swamp' is inevitable and a natural result of big government.

The way you get rid of the swamp is to get rid of the government. put it back in its Constitutional box,and keep it there, starving and chained.

Anyone who tells you different is lying through their teeth.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2024, 12:42:23 am »
Don't hold your breath for Trump draining anything.  In his 1st term, he kept 1,400 Obama appointees in place, and his FAILURE to purge these commies (yes, literally many were avowed commies) undermined him every damn day.

No one has the ability or the will to drain the swamp.  NO ONE!!!!  It is here to stay.

In order to drain the swamp a conservative AG needs to be appointed and from there, the process of draining the swamp may have a chance.

The only one that I believe that has that capability, knowledge and integrity to do so would be Ted Cruz. 

Unfortunately, Trump didn't utilize Cruz's capabilities and I don't see Trump utilizing him in that capacity should he somehow win re-election.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 12:43:19 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2024, 04:47:20 pm »
Trump will not “Drain the swamp.”  He wants its power for himself.

Barry Goldwater

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2024, 05:37:43 pm »
In order to drain the swamp a conservative AG needs to be appointed and from there, the process of draining the swamp may have a chance.

The only one that I believe that has that capability, knowledge and integrity to do so would be Ted Cruz. 

Unfortunately, Trump didn't utilize Cruz's capabilities and I don't see Trump utilizing him in that capacity should he somehow win re-election.

Like Trump, Cruz is all talk no action.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2024, 05:46:26 pm »
"The swamp" can be "neutralized" without having to actually "drain" it.

I have the way. The plan.

I'm the one Mr. Trump should call...
(completely serious about this)

We’re all the one Trump should call, fish!
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2024, 07:14:06 pm »
What it will require to drain the Swamp will be alot of dead bodies down a deep hole.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2024, 07:26:12 pm »

Cruz chose staying in the Senate the first time @libertybele and will most likely again in Trump's 2nd term.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2024, 07:47:19 pm »
Cruz chose staying in the Senate the first time @libertybele and will most likely again in Trump's 2nd term.

I must have missed it. What position did Trump offer Cruz in his administration? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2024, 08:11:59 pm »
I must have missed it. What position did Trump offer Cruz in his administration?

You miss a lot of stuff.  I'll be okay with keeping you up to speed on this election, but tutoring classes on past elections are closed.   88devil

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2024, 08:34:48 pm »
You miss a lot of stuff.  I'll be okay with keeping you up to speed on this election, but tutoring classes on past elections are closed.   88devil

IOW you're once again making up crappola.  Trump never offered Cruz a position in his administration. He missed the opportunity and because he didn't listen to Cruz nor utilize his talents, he FAILED.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2024, 09:09:27 pm »

Nothing like responding by deflecting, and not answering the question.  You've become an expert at that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.