Author Topic: What Trump can learn about picking a vice president from Kamala Harris  (Read 204 times)

Offline corbe

What Trump can learn about picking a vice president from Kamala Harris

By Elaine Mallon
May 9, 2024 1:32 pm

With the Republican National Convention two months away, Donald Trump is honing in on his choice for a running mate, but political scientists suggest that picking a candidate in an effort to win over key voting groups may not be the best strategy — just look at Vice President Kamala Harris. 

Trump’s strategists have a variety of approaches when it comes to who Trump should pick for his vice president, according to the Wall Street Journal. Some suggest that Trump should pick a running mate that will win over black and Hispanic voters. Other advisers say Trump should pick someone who will appeal to swing-state voters, and some say Trump should pick a candidate not directly involved in the Republican Party in an effort to strengthen his “outsider image.”

However, political scientists Christopher Devine and Kyle Kopko suggest in their 2020 book Do Running Mates Matter? that choosing a vice president has just a small influence on key voter groups and fails to have a lasting effect on voters’ decisions. Devine and Kopko said research shows having a vice presidential candidate on the ticket from a state the presidential candidate wasn’t expected to win did little to change that outcome.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2997890/what-trump-can-learn-picking-vice-president-from-kamala/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Kamala has secured the "vicodin-eating, day-drinking" voting bloc.  She has intellect and eloquence of Ozzy Osbourne on quaaludes and Jägermeister.  Look at all her successes - securing the Border, preventing the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and not being seen in public for months at a time.

Yes, America needs more Kamala like Atlantis needs more water.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If it cackles or has cankels best to rule that pick out.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

I don’t think VP pick makes that much of a difference in how people vote
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

You stop right there @DefiantMassRINO I use to be a vicodin popping, day dreamer Vodka head and I never supported this Bi1ch.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.