Author Topic: SEALs want loitering munitions aboard insert/extract patrol boats  (Read 89 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SEALs want loitering munitions aboard insert/extract patrol boats
By Todd South
 May 8, 01:54 PM

TAMPA, Fla. — Special operators are testing ways to add loitering munitions and other payloads to the medium-size, 60-foot watercraft used to insert and extract SEAL teams on special missions.

Over the past four years, Special Operations Command troops have been working through ways to add a launcher kit to the Combatant Craft Medium, or CCM, a 60-foot-long boat with a top speed of 52 knots that carries a crew of four and has space for 19 more passengers and a total load of 10,000 pounds.

The project aims to give boat operators an onboard “standoff, loitering, man-in-the-loop weapons system” that can target “individuals, groups, vehicles and small, oceangoing craft,” according to program materials.

https://www.militarytimes.com/naval/2024/05/08/seals-want-loitering-munitions-aboard-insertextract-patrol-boats/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson