General Category > Elections 2024

Joe Biden, 81, to Debate Donald Trump at Least Once, His Campaign Confirms

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
Joe Biden, 81, to Debate Donald Trump at Least Once, His Campaign Confirms

Wendell Husebø 9 May 2024

President Joe Biden, 81, will debate former President Donald Trump at least once, Biden campaign spokeswoman Adrienne Elrod confirmed Wednesday on MSNBC’s Morning Joe.

After months of speculation, Biden announced in April on the Howard Stern Show that he would debate the former president. “I am, somewhere. I am happy to debate him,” he said when asked if he would debate.

Trump immediately asked Biden to make good on his promise and suggested the event take place on live television at the Manhattan courthouse that Friday night.

Biden, who Special Counsel Robert Hur described as “an elderly man with a poor memory,” refused to take Trump up on the offer.

Speculation immediately grew that Biden did not mean what he said.

“Of course, he is not being truthful,” Outnumbered co-host Emily Compagno said. “I didn’t take it as any iota of actually meaning it. He [Biden] just says whatever comes out of his mouth. He agrees with whoever speaking around him.”

About one-third of Democrats doubt Biden’s mental fitness, a Harvard/Harris survey recently found.
    Another poll revealed 82 percent of Americans harbor concerns about his physical and mental health.
    Only about one-third of voters say Biden is physically or mentally fit to serve a second term, Quinnipiac found.

“President Biden has made it very clear that he will be debating Donald Trump,” Elrod confirmed Wednesday.

The Trump campaign, meanwhile, demanded the Commission on Presidential Debates to schedule events early and often, citing the need to preempt early voting.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/05/09/joe-biden-81-to-debate-donald-trump-at-least-once-his-campaign-confirms/

mountaineer:
I'll let someone else watch it and tell me what happened.  *****rollingeyes*****

240B:
Agree to debate, then setup some way to sideline Trump with jail or more court, pinning the cancelation on him.
Then the headlines read,
"Biden cannot wait to debate, but Trump cancels at the last minute"
"Trump cancels, afraid to debate Biden"

No matter what ruse the Democrats come up with, I cannot believe there will ever be an actual debate with Biden and Trump.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on May 09, 2024, 01:30:06 pm ---I'll let someone else watch it and tell me what happened.  *****rollingeyes*****

--- End quote ---

50 bucks says Biden shits himself.

100 bucks says he sniffs it.

Maj. Bill Martin:
Or they'll structure the debate in terms of moderators or other rules in a way that greatly favors Biden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version