Author Topic: Rubio dodges leaving Florida to join Trump ticket but says he’s discussed VP obstacle  (Read 384 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rubio dodges leaving Florida to join Trump ticket but says he’s discussed VP obstacle
By
Ramsey Touchberry
May 8, 2024 6:13 pm

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) on Wednesday told the Washington Examiner that he’s discussed the constitutional limitations to having presidential and vice presidential candidates on the same ticket from the same state.

The revelation comes as the Florida Republican is on former President Donald Trump’s short list as a running mate, fueling speculation that Rubio is considering a change in residency.

The Constitution states that Electoral College electors cannot cast ballots for two people on the presidential ticket from the same state.

“I imagine there are people that are looking at — I mean, people talk to me about the topic of the constitutional ban, what Cheney had to do and others,” Rubio said in a brief interview.

Rubio was referring to former Vice President Dick Cheney, who in 2000 exchanged his Texas residency for that of Wyoming because then-presidential candidate George W. Bush was also from Texas. Cheney was a former Wyoming congressman.

Rubio neither confirmed nor denied that he was considering a similar move.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/presidential/2996994/rubio-dodges-leaving-florida-trump-ticket-vp-obstacle/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Take a sip of water and walk away.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Would DJT choose one who is about as swampy as you can get in the GOP?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Take a sip of water and walk away.

Still wasn't as bad as Kennedy putting vaseline on his lips..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34