Author Topic: MTG Pulls the Trigger, Forces the House to Vote to Expel Speaker Johnson  (Read 1024 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MTG Pulls the Trigger, Forces the House to Vote to Expel Speaker Johnson

Bradley Jaye 8 May 2024

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) has filed a privileged motion to vacate the chair, forcing the House to vote within two legislative days to eject Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA).

Johnson is expected to immediately move to table – and effectively kill – the motion, a vote which requires a simple majority. Yet House rules do not prohibit Greene, or any other lawmaker, from forcing additional votes, and she and her allies have not tipped their hand as to what they’ll do should the motion be killed.

Further, Johnson’s immediate future, despite assurances from Johnson-friendly media outlets, is far from certain. Some Republicans, including those who will vote against ejecting Johnson, may vote against the tabling motion out of principle. Rep. Warren Davidson (R-OH) has announced he would do so, although he has not said how he will vote on the motion to vacate itself.

Greene pulled the trigger Wednesday after almost two months of warnings for Johnson to end his coalition government with Democrats, during which the endangered Speaker unleashed a torrent of President Joe Biden’s priorities into law.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/08/mtg-pulls-the-trigger-forces-the-house-to-vote-to-expel-speaker-johnson/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I am sick of her...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online rustynail

She may not be a Trump supporter.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
She may not be a Trump supporter.

Trump asked her not to do this btw..
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This is about as productive as that guy who lit himself on fire a couple of weeks ago.  Makes for an interesting show, then nothing.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Absolutely no strategy here, either this will be knocked down, or it will require Rat votes to defeat, and then he's in their pocket, not that he's been carrying the torch so far.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 House blocks Greene’s resolution to oust Johnson
by Mychael Schnell - 05/08/24 5:49 PM ET

The House on Wednesday overwhelmingly voted to protect Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) from a conservative coup, torpedoing an effort by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) to oust the GOP leader from the top job.

The chamber voted 359-43-7 on a motion to table Greene’s motion to vacate, preventing the removal resolution from hitting the floor for a vote.

The final vote — which was widely expected amid bipartisan opposition to the ouster gambit — deals a major blow to Greene, who filed her measure more than a month ago and had threatened to trigger it ever since.

It means Johnson, who won the gavel in October following the ouster of former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), will remain in the top job. But the vote puts him in the precarious position of being a GOP Speaker propped up by Democrats, which could earn him the ire of conservatives.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4652383-house-blocks-greenes-resolution-to-oust-johnson/
Support the USO

Online libertybele

Hey, I am all for conservatism and holding the Speaker of the House accountable, but this late in the game, I'm not so sure what she is hoping to accomplish other than she is up for re-election.  If he is ousted, which I doubt is going to happen, are there any plans as to who the new Speaker would be??? We've been through this before. 

Good grief, the GOP is in complete shambles.  The GOP nominee is on trial right now and also facing 90 felonies, McConnell is still lurking in the Senate and the House is now once again facing naming another Speaker.

Other than completely falling apart at the seams, can things get any worse for the GOP??? (I'm almost afraid to ask that question).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Trump asked her not to do this btw..

Cruz also mentioned that he didn't feel this was a good idea.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Massie Shares Full Text of MTG’s Excoriating Resolution to Strip Speaker Johnson’s Gavel

Bradley Jaye8 May 2024

Reps. Marjorie Taylor Green (R-GA) and Thomas Massie (R-KY) have worked tirelessly for weeks to hold Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) accountable. Wednesday, they made their move.

The duo pulled the trigger Wednesday night to force a vote on their motion to “remove the Uniparty speaker,” as Massie said afterward.

Greene read her resolution on the floor before Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) forced a vote to table the resolution.

An astounding 163 Democrats voted to continue Johnson’s coalition government with Democrats in a 359 to 43 vote.

After the vote, Massie shared the text of Greene’s resolution, which earned jeers and interruptions from who Greene fingered as “the uniparty.”

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1788324226199355487

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/08/massie-shares-full-text-of-mtgs-excoriating-resolution-to-strip-speaker-johnsons-gavel/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Meet the 11 Republican Heroes Who Stood Up Against the Swamp

Elizabeth Weibel8 May 202416
2:28

Eleven Republicans in the House of Representatives voted against the motion to table Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s (R-GA) motion to vacate, ousting Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) from his position.

Reps. Andy Biggs (R-AZ), Eric Burlison (R-MO), Eli Crane (R-AZ), Warren Davidson (R-OH), Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Thomas Massie (R-KY), Alex Mooney (R-WV), Barry Moore (R-AL), Chip Roy (R-TX), Victoria Spartz (R-IN), along with Greene, were the Republicans who voted against tabling the motion to vacate.

The vote was 359-43, with seven members of the House voting present.

Greene’s motion to vacate came after she filed a motion to vacate Johnson from his position as speaker of the House in March.

Conservatives in the House have argued that Johnson has capitulated to the Democrats and President Joe Biden.

In April, Johnson proposed a $95 billion foreign aid package. The package sent roughly $26 billion to Israel, $61 billion to Ukraine, and $8 billion to supporting allies in the Indo-Pacific.

On Monday, Greene and Massie met with Johnson for roughly three hours in an attempt to propose accountability measures to ensure Johnson would not advance an agenda that Republican members of the House opposed.

After the meeting, Greene said that she and Massie had engaged in a “very long discussion with Speaker Johnson” and would be meeting with him again the next day. Greene added that she had been “patient” and “diligent” and that nothing “has changed.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/08/meet-the-11-republican-heroes-who-stood-up-against-the-swamp/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Save Johnson: 163 Votes to Continue Johnson’s Coalition Government

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) officially owes his gavel to Democrats.

An overwhelming 163 Democrats chose to continue Mike Johnson’s coalition government with the essential co-Speaker Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY), voting to table a motion from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Green (R-GA) to strip Johnson of his gavel.

The historic 359 to 43 vote likely cements Johnson’s speakership – for now.

The final tally included seven Democrats voting present and eleven not voting, along with ten Republicans who did not vote.

Ultimately, only 32 Democrats proved unhappy enough with Johnson’s stewardship of the House to vote to enable Greene’s gavel-stripping resolution to move forward.

Democrats have a good thing going under Johnson. Jeffries said Sunday that Democrats have controlled the House agenda under Johnson.

“Even though we’re in the minority, we effectively have been governing as if we were in the majority because we continue to provide a majority of the votes necessary to get things done,” he told CBS. “Those are just the facts.”

Greene filed her motion to vacate the chair Wednesday evening. She read an extensive list of Johnson’s violations that led to her motion, as her colleagues jeered and mocked her throughout.

As expected, Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-LA), on behalf of Johnson, immediately moved to table that motion – which would effectively kill it.

Jeffries and his leadership team had promised they would deliver the votes to save Johnson, but their promise did not extend beyond an initial tabling vote. Greene, her partner Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY), or any other Republican can force another vote, a prospect Democrats have not tipped their hand as to how they would respond.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/08/democrats-save-johnson-163-votes-to-continue-johnsons-coalition-government/
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am sick of her...

Me too.  I'm tired of her game.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I hate the capitualtion that our endless line of Speakers have taken in this session.

But OTOH, just what did today accomplish, except  casting more ridicule on the GOP as the Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline NavyCanDo

I am sick of her...

Sick of her too.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DB

If you tear things down, you need a plan to rebuild them.

Tearing things down is easy. Building things is hard.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The net effect of what she has done is to isolate herself and her allies from the rest of the caucus, which moves the caucus to the left.

Conservatives will never be an absolute majority in the House.  The most realistically achievable goal is to be a majority within the GOP caucus.  And if they can achieve that, they will need to have a tight coalition with the rest of the caucus so that they are willing to follow the lead of a conservative Speaker.  Which means the rest of the caucus must buy into the concept of following the Speaker.

But the hardliners have destroyed that possibility with factionalism, which can be used just as easily by moderates as it can be conservatives. 

So even if we manage to get a conservative Speaker, it is now much less likely that the rest of the caucus will be willing to follow. They'll want payback.

Online libertybele

<iframe src="https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/112407712153390935/embed" class="truthsocial-embed" style="max-width: 100%; border: 0" width="600" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe><script src="https://truthsocial.com/embed.js" async="async"></script>

The GOP is already in chaos -- the leftists have seen to it and they are relentless. As for winning big in November I believe that is wishful thinking. The DEMS aren't going to give up their power and will try to retain it by any means.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Yosemite Marjorie misses again.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 03:26:44 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Be prepared to lose both Houses of Congress come fall.

Online LMAO

Be prepared to lose both Houses of Congress come fall.

The GOP may do better in the Senate races than they will be in House races and even the contest for the White House this year
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

000hehehehe

I think a lot of us were rooting for her, when she was a conservative firebrand.  But that fire lately has been applied just to dumpsters
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.