Author Topic: Fuzzy Rape: MeToo is not about liberating women from sexual patriarchy  (Read 203 times)

Offline mountaineer

Fuzzy Rape
MeToo is not about liberating women from sexual patriarchy.
Ayaan Hirsi Ali
May 06, 2024
The MeToo movement no longer holds the authority which it did in 2017. Why is this? Surely rape and sexual assault are perennially horrifying to most people in the civilized West. I believe that there have been too many accusations of “fuzzy rape,” both in the media and on the ground, for the movement to retain its grip on the zeitgeist.

By “fuzzy rape” I mean sex that wasn’t coercive, but which made the female party feel violated. Fuzzy rape describes a clash of perspectives: that of the woman who feels wronged, often only after the fact, and that of the man who may have been pushy, but had no intention of raping a woman. That is, fuzzy rape does not describe actual rape. ...

A glaring but unspoken paradox in the MeToo movement is that most of the attention is given to fuzzy rape cases while less glamorous stories, like those of women in Muslim communities (both here and abroad) who are coerced into marriage, groomed from a young age to be with much older men, or forced to work in brothels, are ignored. These sexual violations take place behind closed doors, and the violated women have no power to speak out; but there is too much evidence of women’s sexual exploitation at the hands of Islamic culture for feminists to justifiably turn away. ...

I have written about the feminist aversion to discussing how Islam violates women’s dignity and rights. This is made doubly ironic in the light of the outrage prompted by accounts of fuzzy rape. If the alleged crime of Aziz Ansari was enough to whip up a MeToo frenzy, surely cases of utterly unequivocal rape, which accompany the suppression of female agency in much of the Muslim world, should cause world-ending outrage. But they don’t. They don’t fit the narrative that sexism is bound up in white male privilege. ...

Finally, in the aftermath of the October 7 attacks it became apparent that horrific sexual violence was used as a tool against Israeli girls and women. Women were not only gang raped but had sharp objects shoved in to them, or shot between the legs. None of this seems to have merited any attention from the MeToo crowd.

This tells me that, at its heart, MeToo is not about liberating women from the confines of sexual patriarchy. ...
Read entire essay at Restoration Bulletin
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

Online LMAO

#MeToo was created to get Trump and people around him

Look at their reaction to the accusation leveled at Kavanaugh(sp) vs the one leveled at Biden. This also happened during Clinton’s presidency. Just before Clinton was elected, the NAGS wanted Supreme Court Justice nominee Clarence Thomas to be denied his appointment to the court for alleged words he said to Anita Hill. But when it came to accusations of sexual harassment from Paula Jones against Bill Clinton, those same NAGS not only outright dismissed her claim but declared her as having lack of credibility. Then as the accusations of sexual impropriety mounted against Clinton throughout his presidency and the MAGS couldn’t just keep dismissing them, Gloria Steinman(sp) wrote an op ed basically granting Clinton a “one grope” right

That’s how I knew #MeToo  was phony right from the start and I was proven right. This is not a slam against women who were real victims and thought the movement was a legitimate one that would give them a voice
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 12:28:47 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy