Author Topic: Climate Change Risk for LGBT People in the United States  (Read 354 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change Risk for LGBT People in the United States
« on: May 08, 2024, 10:44:20 am »
Climate Change Risk for LGBT People in the United States
April 2024
Using U.S. Census data and climate risk assessment data from NASA and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), this study provides a geographic analysis to assess the climate risk impacting same-sex couples.

AUTHORS
Lindsay Mahowald
Research Data Analyst
Ari Shaw
Senior Fellow & Director of International Programs
CONTACT US ABOUT THIS STUDY
Highlights
LGBT people in same-sex couple households disproportionately live in coastal areas and cities.

LGBT people are more likely to live in areas with poor infrastructure, worse-built environments, and fewer resources.

Counties with a higher proportion of same-sex couples are more vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.

Executive Summary

Climate change represents a global challenge, but it also exacerbates existing disparities among individuals and communities. LGBT people face discrimination and exclusion, creating unique vulnerabilities that compound and heighten their exposure to climate-related harms. This report provides some of the first empirical documentation as to how LGBT people differentially experience the negative effects of climate change compared to non-LGBT people. Using U.S. Census data and climate risk assessment data from NASA and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), we conducted a geographic analysis to assess the climate risk impacting same-sex couples.

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/publications/climate-change-risk-lgbt/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Re: Climate Change Risk for LGBT People in the United States
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 11:34:41 am »
They breathe different air?  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 11:40:06 am »
:facepalm2:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 11:40:23 am »
It is nothing but 'fluff' virtue signaling clickbait nonsense.
The author just wanted to get her 'pro-queer' card punched, so she can show it at the next congregation.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 10:06:59 pm »
This one rates a Fishrrman:
EGADS !!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 10:19:31 pm »
 :thud:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 10:35:10 pm »
Man...I just love my white heterosexual male privilege.  :whistle:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2024, 10:32:18 am »
I guess trannies are unaffected though. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson