Author Topic: GOP bill to keep Biden's 'hands off' Americans' home appliances passes House  (Read 168 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GOP bill to keep Biden's 'hands off' Americans' home appliances passes House
House Republicans at war with President Biden's green energy policies
By Elizabeth Elkind Fox News
Published May 7, 2024 5:06pm EDT | Updated May 7, 2024 5:56pm EDT

Former Obama economic adviser Robert Wolf and former Trump campaign economic adviser Steve Moore join "America Reports" to discuss rising energy costs and President Biden’s green energy push.

Democrats and Republicans banded together to pass a bill on Tuesday aimed at blocking the Biden administration from banning everyday home appliances that run on natural gas.

The Hands Off Our Home Appliances Act, which passed 212 to 195, is one facet of a sweeping bill targeting the Department of Energy (DOE) introduced by Rep. Debbie Lesko, R-Ariz.

Seven Democrats voted in favor of the bill, which received no Republican dissent.

The bill would force the DOE to consider the cost-effectiveness of any new policy standards, including how any updates affecting home appliances would hit low-income families, and would mandate that the department factor in the full-life cycle costs of those appliances before issuing new guidance.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-bill-keep-bidens-hands-off-americans-home-appliances-passes-house
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It will go down in flames in the senate.  If not, Biden will trash it.  But it puts commiecrats on notice this is not a political winner.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am surprised they got it past RINO Johnson, but you're right, @rangerrebew, it's as good as dead in the Senate, and if by some miracle the Senate passes it, it's Veto bait.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

I guess Americans will need to use more coal, wood, and whale oil to cook with and to heat their homes.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.