Author Topic: Cooling Concerns: The Shifting Climate Of Public Opinion On Global Warming  (Read 302 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cooling Concerns: The Shifting Climate Of Public Opinion On Global Warming
by Dr. Matthew Wielicki  3 hours ago 

A recent Monmouth University poll highlights a decline in the American public’s sense of urgency about climate change, especially among younger adults. [emphasis, links added]

While 73% still believe climate change is happening, less than half now see it as a very serious problem.

This decline is most pronounced among the younger demographic, with only 50% of 18 to 34-year-olds viewing it as a very serious issue, down from 67% in 2021.

This shift could show a growing skepticism and a reprioritization of immediate concerns such as economic pressures.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/cooling-concerns-the-shifting-climate-of-public-opinion-on-global-warming/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Young adults losing the climate faith in the US, and only one third of voters think the IPCC experts are right
By Jo Nova

Good news: despite 2023 being the hottest year since Homo Erectus, there was a 17% fall in the number of 18 to 34 year olds who call “Climate change”  a very serious problem. Even though there were hottest-ever-headlines month after month, the punters lost the faith.

No one is cracking champagne, because 50% of young adults still tell pollsters they think it is a “very serious problem”. But when all is said and done, at least half the generation that was drip-fed the dogma since kindergarten, can not only see through the catastrophism but they are brave enough to tell a pollster that too.

For the most part, after a few hot El Nino years, “climate fear” is back where it was in 2016 or so. Most people still want the government to solve the weather with someone else’s money. But where younger people were once much more enthusiastic about a Big Government fix than older people were, now that gap is almost closed. What was a 21% difference between those age groups is now only 2%. That’s a whopping fall in faith in the government to do something useful, or probably, a recognition that whatever the government does, it will cost too much.

Looks like young adults are learning to be cynical adults faster?

The Monmouth university group polled 804 people in late April:

Climate Change Concerns Dip:  Younger adults express less urgency than in prior polls
The percentage of Americans between the ages of 18 and 34 who see climate change as a very serious problem has fallen by 17 points in the past three years (50%, down from 67% in 2021), compared with smaller declines among those who are 35 to 54 years old (44%, down from 48%) and those age 55 and older (44%, down from 54%).

https://joannenova.com.au/2024/05/young-adults-losing-the-climate-faith-in-the-us-and-only-one-third-of-voters-think-the-ipcc-experts-are-right/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=young-adults-losing-the-climate-faith-in-the-us-and-only-one-third-of-voters-think-the-ipcc-experts-are-right
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Panic May Finally Be Post-Peak: ‘Support for climate action….has softened due to a drop in the sense of urgency on this issue, particularly among younger adults’

The new Monmouth University poll, which has been surveying Americans for a decade on climate. While over 70 percent of Americans say they accept the existence of climate change, the number who see this as a very serious problem has fallen to 46 percent of respondents. That’s down from 56 percent in 2021. The drop in the perceived importance and urgency of climate change has been most pronounced among younger adults.

Among young people between the ages of 18 and those who see climate change as a very serious problem has fallen to 50 percent, down from 67 percent in 2021.

Climate concerns are also heavily bunched in certain demographic categories. While 77% of all Democrats believe climate change is very serious, only 43% of independents and 13% of Republicans do.

Chart titled: American attitudes on climate change by age. refer to questions 30 and 33.
By Marc Morano
May 9, 2024
10:06 am

Have you noticed that climate change fanatics have become even more strident lately, blaming rising temperatures for everything from fewer fish to drought to earthquakes to higher insurance premiums?

We believe Americans are on to the over-the-top climate hysteria and polls show it.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/05/09/climate-panic-may-finally-be-post-peak/
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As long as a liberal alive somewhere in the universe, there will be a climate panic moron. ****sheep****
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
List of topics
© Source: YouTube
A recent survey indicates that the continuous use of fear tactics is becoming less effective in addressing the issue of climate change.

In a recent survey, 2,230 American adults were presented with a list of topics and asked to assess their significance.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/new-survey-suggests-that-the-climate-change-scam-is-becoming-a-joke/ss-BB1mb4iQ?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=e186ac99b1474df29b2cd55a7af7358a&ei=86#image=1
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
All the Chicken Littles are starting to wake up. :yowsa:
Thomas Jefferson