State Chapters > NY/NJ

Gov. Hochul says young black kids don't know the word "computer"

(1/6) > >>

mountaineer:
If they do, then I guess they ain't really black (using Biden logic).

From Twitter: “Young black kids growing up in the Bronx who don’t even know what the word ‘computer’ is,” - New York Governor Kathy Hochul, saying something that would get a Republican instantly cancelled, but it’s (D)ifferent.

--- End quote ---

https://twitter.com/TheKevinDalton/status/1787661720753959134

DefiantMassRINO:
 ////00000////

African-Americans have heard of "computers".  The Cyberdyne Systems developer of Skynet was African-American.

LMAO:
She doesn’t strike me as being very bright

DB:

--- Quote from: LMAO on May 07, 2024, 09:49:26 pm ---She doesn’t strike me as being very bright

--- End quote ---

Isn't that prerequisite?

mountaineer:
White House distances itself from Hochul black children ‘computer’ comments
Story by Haisten Willis, Washington Examiner via MSN
May 7, 2024
--- Quote ---The White House said it had not heard a high-profile Democrat's comments regarding black children in the Bronx, but offered a mild rebuke nonetheless.

"Obviously, we don’t think that is the right way to speak about young people in any way, in any form," press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Tuesday when asked about the brewing controversy.

Gov. Kathy Hochul (D-NY) had a foot-in-mouth moment during a presentation Monday, in which she claimed black children do not know what the word "computer" means.

During an AI-focused discussion at the Milken Institute Global Conference, Hochul pushed making AI more equitable for all communities because “right now we have young black kids growing up in the Bronx who don’t even know what the word ‘computer’ is.” ...

In her apology, Hochul wrote, "of course black children in the Bronx know what computers are — the problem is that they too often lack access to the technology needed to get on track to high-paying jobs in emerging industries like AI. That’s why I’ve been focused on increasing economic opportunity since Day One of my Administration, and will continue that fight to ensure every New Yorker has a shot at a good-paying job.”
--- End quote ---
So lame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version