Author Topic: The Boy Scouts Are Changing Their Name ‘To Welcome Every Youth’  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: The Boy Scouts Are Changing Their Name ‘To Welcome Every Youth’
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2024, 04:46:21 am »

Good, there will be time for that later, right now the problem is they are teaching them how to put on said bras.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2024, 06:29:34 am »
Sounds predatory....someone's 'scouting' America...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2024, 01:34:57 pm »
Honestly it's a mess out there!!!  The use of "boy" and "girl" is insulting to hosts of peoples....  The scout badges will have odd pictorials and plenty of rainbow motifs now!!  I'm also tired of work signatures with she/they or whatever.  I propose "it." That works...  :shrug:

https://nonbinary.wiki/wiki/English_neutral_pronouns

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2024, 03:34:58 pm »
Honestly it's a mess out there!!!  The use of "boy" and "girl" is insulting to hosts of peoples....  The scout badges will have odd pictorials and plenty of rainbow motifs now!!  I'm also tired of work signatures with she/they or whatever.  I propose "it." That works...  :shrug:

https://nonbinary.wiki/wiki/English_neutral_pronouns
I propose that the options for work signatures be reduces to She, He, It. For the very confused or attention whores it should be only one option S.H.It.