Author Topic: New York braces for 'summer surge' of migrants to add to 175,000 who are already in the Big Apple  (Read 221 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York braces for 'summer surge' of migrants to add to 175,000 who are already in the Big Apple
New York City has taken in over 175,000 and spent millions sheltering them
The Department of Homeless Services relocated migrants from their shelters
Shelter CEO Christine Quinn said the city is preparing for a 'summer surge'
By RACHEL BOWMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 15:11 EDT, 6 May 2024 | UPDATED: 15:30 EDT, 6 May 2024

New York City appears to be bracing for a 'summer surge' of migrants as some asylum seekers have reportedly been abruptly transferred from their shelters.

The Department of Homeless Services handed out notices to migrant families staying at shelters in Brooklyn on Tuesday, warning them they had 24 to 48 hours to relocate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13388327/New-York-braces-summer-surge-migrants-shelter.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How fortunate for illegal "newcomers" there is such a fine sanctuary city for them to murder, rape, steal, and assault people in.  It must feel like home. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

How fortunate for illegal "newcomers" there is such a fine sanctuary city for them to murder, rape, steal, and assault people in.  It must feel like home. :whistle:

NYC voted for this. So I don’t want to hear their complaining
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Illegal Migrants Heart NYC.  Come for the handouts stay for the robbery
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

DID YOU NOT VOTE FOR THIS?
The Republic is lost.