Author Topic: Study: Venomous snakes likely to migrate en masse amid global heating  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Study: Venomous snakes likely to migrate en masse amid global heating
18 hours ago Eric Worrall

Essay by Eric Worrall

Sell your automobile or the snakes will get you?

Venomous snakes likely to migrate en masse amid global heating, says study

Researchers find many countries unprepared for influx of new species and will be vulnerable to bites

Neelima Vallangi Fri 3 May 2024 19.35 AEST

Climate breakdown is likely to lead to the large-scale migration of venomous snake species into new regions and unprepared countries, according to a study.

The researchers forecast that Nepal, Niger, Namibia, China, and Myanmar will gain the most venomous snake species from neighbouring countries under a heating climate.

Low-income countries in south and south-east Asia, as well as parts of Africa, will be highly vulnerable to increased numbers of snake bites, according to the findings published in the journal Lancet Planetary Health.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/05/06/study-venomous-snakes-likely-to-migrate-en-masse-amid-global-heating/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Does that mean congress will be leaving the District of Corruption? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

"likely to migrate en masse ",  and Monkeys are likely to fly out of butts World Wide.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Climate change claims are starting to make Reefer Madness hysteria look calm and reasoned.
The Republic is lost.