Author Topic: Newly Discovered 90,000-Year-Old Human Footprints Reveal How Much Higher Sea Levels Used To Be  (Read 272 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Newly Discovered 90,000-Year-Old Human Footprints Reveal How Much Higher Sea Levels Used To Be
By Kenneth Richard on 6. May 2024

Human footprints embedded into rock that used to be a sand beach at the limit of the seashore’s “swash flow” and high tide lie 20 to 30 meters above the present sea level. The footprints are dated to ~90,000 years ago.
It is estimated that sea levels were globally about 6 to 9 meters higher than today during the last interglacial (~130,000 to 115,000 years ago), when CO2 supposedly peaked at 275 ppm (Sommers et al., 2022).

Image Source: Sommers et al., 2022
Evidence along the coasts of North Africa (Morocco) suggests sea levels were “20 m above the present level” about 95,000 years ago (MIS 5c).

This is consistent with a new study that reports human footprints embedded and preserved in a rocky beach “20 to 30 m above sea level” can be dated to 90.3 ±7.6 thousand years ago.

https://notrickszone.com/2024/05/06/newly-discovered-90000-year-old-human-footprints-reveal-how-much-higher-sea-levels-used-to-be/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I've read that they may have  been a meter or two higher just a few thousand years ago.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I've read that they may have  been a meter or two higher just a few thousand years ago.

Recently read that they discovered a vast subterranean ocean...ergo I'm going with the theory of tectonic plate shifting.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Recently read that they discovered a vast subterranean ocean...ergo I'm going with the theory of tectonic plate shifting.   :shrug:

There is alot of evidence that points to that, that is deliberately being ignored to fearmonger climate change. In many cases it's the land sinking not the seas rising.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
There is alot of evidence that points to that, that is deliberately being ignored to fearmonger climate change. In many cases it's the land sinking not the seas rising.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DCPatriot observed:
"Recently read that they discovered a vast subterranean ocean...ergo I'm going with the theory of tectonic plate shifting"

Heh.
Didn't you ever watch the old film "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" (with James Mason)...?