General Category > Climate Change

Newly Discovered 90,000-Year-Old Human Footprints Reveal How Much Higher Sea Levels Used To Be

(1/2) > >>

rangerrebew:
Newly Discovered 90,000-Year-Old Human Footprints Reveal How Much Higher Sea Levels Used To Be
By Kenneth Richard on 6. May 2024

Human footprints embedded into rock that used to be a sand beach at the limit of the seashore’s “swash flow” and high tide lie 20 to 30 meters above the present sea level. The footprints are dated to ~90,000 years ago.
It is estimated that sea levels were globally about 6 to 9 meters higher than today during the last interglacial (~130,000 to 115,000 years ago), when CO2 supposedly peaked at 275 ppm (Sommers et al., 2022).

Image Source: Sommers et al., 2022
Evidence along the coasts of North Africa (Morocco) suggests sea levels were “20 m above the present level” about 95,000 years ago (MIS 5c).

This is consistent with a new study that reports human footprints embedded and preserved in a rocky beach “20 to 30 m above sea level” can be dated to 90.3 ±7.6 thousand years ago.

https://notrickszone.com/2024/05/06/newly-discovered-90000-year-old-human-footprints-reveal-how-much-higher-sea-levels-used-to-be/

Free Vulcan:
I've read that they may have  been a meter or two higher just a few thousand years ago.

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on May 07, 2024, 11:07:16 am ---I've read that they may have  been a meter or two higher just a few thousand years ago.

--- End quote ---

Recently read that they discovered a vast subterranean ocean...ergo I'm going with the theory of tectonic plate shifting.   :shrug:

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on May 07, 2024, 11:15:51 am ---Recently read that they discovered a vast subterranean ocean...ergo I'm going with the theory of tectonic plate shifting.   :shrug:

--- End quote ---

There is alot of evidence that points to that, that is deliberately being ignored to fearmonger climate change. In many cases it's the land sinking not the seas rising.

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on May 07, 2024, 11:24:41 am ---There is alot of evidence that points to that, that is deliberately being ignored to fearmonger climate change. In many cases it's the land sinking not the seas rising.

--- End quote ---

:beer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version