Author Topic: Biden Economics Adviser Admits He Doesn’t Get Economics  (Read 253 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Economics Adviser Admits He Doesn’t Get Economics
« on: May 06, 2024, 04:19:11 pm »
Biden Economics Adviser Admits He Doesn’t Get Economics
Christopher Jacobs

A recent viral video receiving millions of views online explains why millions of American families continue to struggle with “Bidenflation.” Well, perhaps “explain” is too strong a term.

In the video, an excerpt from the new leftist documentary Finding the Money, Jared Bernstein, chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, discusses modern monetary theory—the idea that the federal government could eliminate the national debt simply by printing money. To say Bernstein’s musings on the topic lack coherence is an understatement:

https://twitter.com/Geiger_Capital/status/1786377408993468714

Anyone who feels more confident about “Bidenomics” after watching this video probably should get his head examined.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2024/05/06/bidens-economics-adviser-tacitly-admits-he-doesnt-understand-economics/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Re: Biden Economics Adviser Admits He Doesn’t Get Economics
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 05:05:09 pm »
"Ironically, the Wall Street Journal recently reported that the Trump campaign is considering a separate series of policy proposals intended to “blunt” the Fed’s independence. But if Trump’s proposals for greater tariffs would exacerbate inflation (and they would), modern monetary theory poses a far greater risk to the economy and to the Federal Reserve."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 06:20:45 pm »
Well, he never studied economics or even business. He's a former jazz bassist.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,530416.msg3007167.html#msg3007167
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2024, 06:51:11 pm »
Money is only one facet of economy.

Money is a means of storing value, exchanging value, transferring wealth, and denominate prices.

Money is worthless and useless if it cannot store value.  As money is devalued (aka inflation), it loses value.  If I have money that is being devalued, I am getting poorer because I can purchase fewer goods and services.

No counter-party is going to accept payment in money that does not store value.  Why would I sell something in exchange for money that loses value?

As a form of money is no longer accepted nor trusted as payment, it's utility in economic activities decreases.  If I cannot exchange a unit of money for good or services, it no longer has value.

In economics, scarcity creates value.  As the scarcity of money declines, so does the value.  This is why a larger money supply can cause "inflation".  The good or service has retained its value, but the money has lost its value.  As money devalues, I need to use more money (higher prices) to purchase that same good or service.

This is the danger of unlimited Government borrowing - unlimited lending - and unlimited printing of money.  If no one trusts or accepts the US Dollar, I lose my ability to participate in economic activity - to store value, to exchange value, to transfer value, and to denominate the price of value.

Economic counterparties will seek out alternative means to store value, to exchange value, to transfer value, and to denominate value price.  Those holding dollars will be unable to use those dollars to exchange for food, housing, etc.  Holding a devaluing dollar will impoverish me.

This is the folly of using hyper-inflation to balance Government debt liabilities.  On paper, the books may balance, but, a dollar-denominated economy will cease to exist.  Those holding dollars will be up $h!t'$ creek without a paddle.  A lifetime of work and sacrifice will be worthless and useless.

This is why you'll see William Devane schillng US Gold Coins on late night TV.  Precious metals, or anything that is not the dollar, can be used as an insurance policy against a worthless dollar.  Having a few gold and silver coins may help you sleep at night; but to be useful, you need to be able to exchange them with a counter-party for something else of value ... like food, shelter, and bullets.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 06:52:40 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 03:47:55 pm »
He has a degree in liberal arts from Columbia. So he is more than qualified.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2024, 03:51:58 pm »
"Ironically, the Wall Street Journal recently reported that the Trump campaign is considering a separate series of policy proposals intended to “blunt” the Fed’s independence. But if Trump’s proposals for greater tariffs would exacerbate inflation (and they would), modern monetary theory poses a far greater risk to the economy and to the Federal Reserve."

Trump also believes in MMT.

And Biden also now believes in tariffs.

We’re so screwed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy