Author Topic: Divisions in the Dirt: The Army’s plan for the next big war  (Read 82 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Divisions in the Dirt: The Army’s plan for the next big war
By Todd South
 May 6, 05:00 AM

After decades of being a brigade-focused Army, the shift is on to the division fight. Training will only get tougher. (Pvt. Anastasiya Ludchenko/Army)
Thousands of enemy troops pour across the border, invading the sovereign nation of Pirtuni — a staunch U.S. ally.

The “Donovians” rush infantry, armor and anti-aircraft systems across their border — which looks much like Russia — into Pirtuni, which resembles Poland on a map. In response, the “Pirtunians” rapidly assemble their own division to counter the attack, but they need support.

The Army’s 3rd Battalion, 4th Security Force Assistance Brigade, already in the region working with local forces, lends its aid, and more troops are coming. Thousands of soldiers from the 1st Armored Division quickly arrive, followed by a battalion of Marines and Air Force assets of all stripes are on stand-by.

Pouring over maps stretched out across folding tables inside an abandoned building at Fort Irwin’s National Training Center in California, 1st Armored Division commanders, mission planners, operations and intel officers, and a host of other soldiers try to decide how best to respond to the combined live and simulated campaign — a wargame designed to get them ready for a conventional fight.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2024/05/06/divisions-in-the-dirt-the-armys-plan-for-the-next-big-war/#:~:text=Plans%20call%20for%20a%20division,Stokes%2C%20III%20Corps%20operations%20officer.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson