Author Topic: Number of 'Diversity' Migrants Getting Citizenship Surges  (Read 87 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Number of 'Diversity' Migrants Getting Citizenship Surges
« on: May 06, 2024, 02:36:28 pm »
Number of 'Diversity' Migrants Getting Citizenship Surges
Published May 06, 2024 at 10:09 AM EDT

The number of naturalized immigrants who legally entered the United States as part of a national diversity visa program has increased in recent years, but the rate of entry has remained relatively steady dating to the 2020 fiscal year.

The U.S. State Department annually administers the Diversity Visa (DV) program, intended to admit up to 55,000 migrants from countries with low immigration rates and allow them to gain citizenship through naturalization. Visa numbers differ from the number of naturalized citizens based on the different processes utilized to attain citizenship, which in some instances can take years.

Roughly 878,500 people were naturalized and became U.S. citizens in the 2023 fiscal year that annually begins October 1, according to data from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Naturalization ceremonies in fiscal 2022 and 2023 comprised 24 percent of all naturalizations over the past decade, according to the data.''

https://www.newsweek.com/migrants-immigration-visa-asylum-diversity-1897536?piano_t=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson