Author Topic: U.S. put a hold on an ammunition shipment to Israel  (Read 1025 times)

Offline mountaineer

U.S. put a hold on an ammunition shipment to Israel
« on: May 05, 2024, 10:29:00 pm »
https://www.axios.com/2024/05/05/israel-us-ammunition-shipment-hold
U.S. put a hold on an ammunition shipment to Israel
    Barak Ravid
May 5, 2024
Axios
The Biden administration last week put a hold on a shipment of U.S.-made ammunition to Israel, two Israeli officials told Axios.

Why it matters: It is the first time since the Oct. 7 attack that the U.S. has stopped a weapons shipment intended for the Israeli military.

The incident raised serious concerns inside the Israeli government and sent officials scrambling to understand why the shipment was held, Israeli officials said.

President Biden is facing sharp criticism among Americans who oppose his support of Israel. The administration in February asked Israel to provide assurances that U.S.-made weapons were being used by Israel Defense Forces in Gaza in accordance with international law. Israel provided a signed letter of assurances in March.

State of play: The Israeli officials said the ammunition shipment to Israel was stopped last week.

The White House declined to comment.

The Pentagon, the State Department and the Israeli Prime Minister's Office didn't immediately respond to questions. ...

https://twitter.com/streiffredstate/status/1787180158396276879
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 10:32:44 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: U.S. put a hold on an ammunition shipment to Israel
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 10:29:44 pm »
This article doesn’t explicitly state that the ammunition is being withheld due to Biden admin frustrations with Israeli strategy in Gaza. While that is entirely likely, there is another plausible reason for this hold:  The ammo is going to Ukraine instead.

Thread:

https://twitter.com/dandcaldwell/status/1787157269118894106

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 11:35:53 pm »
You know, Joe, when they run out of Conventional ammo, that just leaves them with nukes...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 11:46:38 pm »
With all the times the democrats have dumped fully armed Armies of ours onto the radical muslim terrorist groups and nations, and supported Muslim aggression against the Jews and Americans, even in times of war.  Odd how they find disarming the Jews and Americans a democrat fanatical agenda and never ending quest.  How are so many fools utterly blind to this?  Brainwashed stoogery by our media and democrat party?
Can you stooges explain it? ? ?
 :dumpster: twilight zonexxxx :media: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2024, 02:18:10 am »
This article doesn’t explicitly state that the ammunition is being withheld due to Biden admin frustrations with Israeli strategy in Gaza. While that is entirely likely, there is another plausible reason for this hold:  The ammo is going to Ukraine instead.

Thread:

https://twitter.com/dandcaldwell/status/1787157269118894106

Yeah, there's not enough ammo to go around...the Ukrainians need it more than the Israelis do right now with the Russians starting to break through.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2024, 06:13:00 pm »
Benjamin Weingarten
@bhweingarten
"The Biden administration is holding up shipments of two types of Boeing-made precision bombs to send a political message to Israel"

The "political message" -- while the administration talks about the importance of Holocaust remembrance and says "Never again" -- is "F you"
https://politico.com/news/2024/05/07/us-concerns-over-israels-gaza-policy-led-to-weapons-holdup-00156528
12:00 PM · May 7, 2024

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2024, 07:16:54 pm »
Benjamin Weingarten
@bhweingarten
"The Biden administration is holding up shipments of two types of Boeing-made precision bombs to send a political message to Israel"

The "political message" -- while the administration talks about the importance of Holocaust remembrance and says "Never again" -- is "F you"
https://politico.com/news/2024/05/07/us-concerns-over-israels-gaza-policy-led-to-weapons-holdup-00156528
12:00 PM · May 7, 2024

LIEden's anti-Semites were trying to arm-twist Israel into accepting a surrender-grade, unilateral, "cease fire" and not going into Rafah. Netanyahu and Israel decided to deal with the existential threat of Hamas as the existential threat Hamas intentionally is.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2024, 08:40:04 pm »
LIEden's anti-Semites were trying to arm-twist Israel into accepting a surrender-grade, unilateral, "cease fire" and not going into Rafah. Netanyahu and Israel decided to deal with the existential threat of Hamas as the existential threat Hamas intentionally is.
Well when there are more 'civillian' deaths because Israel is forced to use dumb munitions they should blame Brandon and his Brown Shirt Boys.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2024, 09:09:59 pm »
Well when there are more 'civillian' deaths because Israel is forced to use dumb munitions they should blame Brandon and his Brown Shirt Boys.

You thought of that consequence, and I thought of that consequence, but I wonder whether LIEden's anti-Semitic minions failed to think that far. Or whether they intended that consequence so as to slander Israel.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2024, 09:19:25 pm »
You thought of that consequence, and I thought of that consequence, but I wonder whether LIEden's anti-Semitic minions failed to think that far. Or whether they intended that consequence so as to slander Israel.
To them it's more of bonus that it would also result in the slander of Israel.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2024, 10:32:03 pm »
Joe Biden: “Civilians have been killed in Gaza as the consequences those bombs and other ways in which they go after population centers. And I made it clear — [COUGHS] — that, if they go into Rafah — they haven't gone into Rafah yet — if they go into Rafah, I'm not supplying the weapons that have been used historically deal with Rafah, to deal with the cities, that deal with that problem. We're going to continue to make sure Israel is secure in terms of Iron Dome and their ability to respond to attacks like — came out of — the — in — the Middle East recently. But it's — it’s — it’s just wrong. We're not gonna — we're not gonna supply the weapons and the artillery shells used that have been used.”

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1788333342343000481

David Harsanyi
@davidharsanyi
In a historic moment a US president works to save a terrorist organization (one that murdered, raped, and kidnapped American citizens)
6:18 PM · May 8, 2024
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 10:39:42 pm by mountaineer »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2024, 10:40:15 pm »
If LIEden is playing that game then Israel should ask LIEden how much he wants that Iron Beam laser system Israel was going to sell to the US military.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2024, 10:44:12 pm »
"Civilians" have been killed in Israel. But according to American Liberals, Israeli deaths do not count.
Is Obiden going to stop funding Iran? Hamas is just Iran by proxy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2024, 10:55:09 pm »
You know, Joe, when they run out of Conventional ammo, that just leaves them with nukes...

لا, I do not believe Israel is STUPID enough to depend on America for anything. America is a clown country run by fools.
Israel would not place their chips on that sucker bet. Whatever America thinks they are doing, they are doing nothing to Israel.
Israel is a hundred miles ahead of anything the retards in America could ever think of to try to hurt them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2024, 01:43:37 pm »
Israelis Shocked by Biden’s Betrayal on Ammunition, but Determined to Win

Israelis across the political spectrum were shocked Thursday by U.S. President Joe Biden’s commitment to stop the shipment of offensive weapons to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) to prevent Israel from attacking Hamas in Rafah.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2024/05/09/israelis-shocked-by-bidens-betrayal-on-ammunition-but-determined-to-win/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2024, 02:00:35 pm »
Democrats blow up at Biden for halting weapons shipments to Israel
Sen. Fetterman and Rep. Ritchie Torres have called out Biden for promising to deny weapons shipments to Israel
By Jeffrey Clark Fox News
Published May 9, 2024 9:09am EDT

President Biden is under a barrage of attacks from Republicans and even Democrats over his vow to deny weapons shipments to Israel if it invades Rafah in Gaza. 

"I suspect it's pandering to the far left," Rep. Ritchie Tores, D-N.Y., told Axios. "It looks like election year politics was driving it. That's my impression."

With the anti and pro-Israel wings of the Democratic Party already at odds over massive student protests against the Israel-Hamas war, Biden continues to oversee a divided party in advance of the presidential election.

Sen. John Fetterman, D-Pa., an outspoken advocate for Israel's right to defend itself from Hamas, told Axios that he opposed Biden's pause on weapons shipments.

"I strenuously disagree," Fetterman said. "We have to stand with our key ally throughout all of this."

Rep. Lois Frankel, D-Fla., told the outlet that Israel is "surrounded by danger, they need the tools to defend themselves."

Other Democrats, including Rep. Becca Balint and Sen. Tim Kaine, signaled support for Biden's decision.

"I think it's what we've heard from ... all the wings of the caucus, that with Netanyahu continuing [to] threaten an invasion of Rafah, we feel like a message needs to be sent," said Rep. Becca Balint, D-Vt.

Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., also backed Biden's decision.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/democrats-blow-up-biden-halting-weapons-shipments-israel
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2024, 07:06:22 am »
History does indeed repeat itself.  Many German Jews fully supported Adolf Hitler.  Just as many damn fools are now astonished at what they did fully supporting Joe Biden.  Some might remember my pointing out, why are many rich Jews supporting a second holocaust now if the first one, they assert, was so bad?  May well apply to many Christian this time too!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2024, 10:28:30 pm »
Turns out I was wrong...it was indeed a deliberate move!  Despicable and damaging!  I'm not sure if Obama would stoop that low (he probably would).
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2024, 10:31:33 pm »
From the article....

"I suspect it's pandering to the far left," Rep. Ritchie Tores, D-N.Y., told Axios. "It looks like election year politics was driving it. That's my impression."

You suspect????
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy