Author Topic: Military working dog Figo served his country. Now, he's being honored in Fayetteville  (Read 96 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

MILITARY
Military working dog Figo served his country. Now, he's being honored in Fayetteville
Lizmary Evans
Fayetteville Observer

The U.S. Army Airborne & Special Operations Museum is honoring a military working dog in a memorial paver ceremony this weekend and the public is invited to attend, the museum said Tuesday.

Figo was a Czech shephard and Belgian Malinois military working dog who was trained in patrolling, explosive odor detection and tracking through the Special Operations Forces Multi-Purpose Canine program.

The U.S. Army Airborne and Special Operations Museum in Fayetteville, North Carolina, is honoring Figo, a military working dog, with a paver memorial ceremony Saturday, May 4, 2024.

After completing his training, Figo joined the Fifth Special Forces Group Airborne Division and deployed to Afghanistan in 2014 and Syria in 2017. During both deployments, Figo found several buried improvised explosive devices, cleared routes and was “often the first American to encounter the enemy,” according to the release.

His actions saved countless lives.

https://www.fayobserver.com/story/news/military/2024/05/02/figo-the-dog-to-be-honored-at-airborne-special-operations-museum-fayetteville-nc/73513602007/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson