Author Topic: Army planning consolidation roadmap for loitering munitions and small drones  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army planning consolidation roadmap for loitering munitions and small drones
Army acquisition head Doug Bush said he and Army Futures Command head Gen. James Rainey expect to have a plan rolled out sometime this summer.
By   ASHLEY ROQUE
on May 02, 2024 at 8:10 PM

WASHINGTON — Nearly three months ago, the US Army announced a massive aviation overhaul, which led to the cancellation of several programs and the redirection of funds to new priorities. Now, service leaders are preparing a shakeup with its weapons portfolio, which may revamp plans for buying weapons like launched effects, loitering munitions and drones, according to Army acquisition head Doug Bush

“The good news is, there’s so many options… because there’s so many companies that are doing things that are either a UAS [unmanned aerial system], a lethal-UAS or just a loitering munition and they start to blur together because the tech is moving so fast,” Bush told reporters today.

Bush said he and Army Futures Command head Gen. James Rainey expect to have a formal roadmap rolled out sometime this summer.

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/05/army-planning-consolidation-roadmap-for-loitering-munitions-and-small-drones/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If it doesn't get delayed 6 years with funding diverted to take care of illegal "newcomers." :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson