Author Topic: Top Marine ‘won’t apologize’ for Corps’ past neglect of barracks  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Top Marine ‘won’t apologize’ for Corps’ past neglect of barracks
By Irene Loewenson
 Thursday, May 2

WASHINGTON — The top Marine leader “won’t apologize” for the years of underinvestment in the Marine Corps’ barracks even though he has made improving those living facilities a top priority now that he is in charge.

“When we geared up for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, we focused on weapons systems, training and technology,” Commandant Gen. Eric Smith said Thursday at the Modern Day Marine conference in Washington. “And that focus kept a lot of Marines alive in Helmand province, kept a lot of Marines alive in Iraq, in the Sunni Triangle.”

“So, again, I can’t apologize for previous generations of Marines to prioritize training and equipping over quality of life,” he continued. “But now the tide has to turn, and we have to get back to quality of life.”

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2024/05/02/top-marine-wont-apologize-for-corps-past-neglect-of-barracks/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Shouldn't he have to apologize for not having enough gays and trannies, women, and not being woke enough, too?  It wasn't in his command that the barracks went down so why should he have to apologize? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson