Author Topic: US Provided Over $17B to Afghanistan, Afghan Refugees Since 2021: SIGAR  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

US Provided Over $17B to Afghanistan, Afghan Refugees Since 2021: SIGAR

SIGAR said $3.5 billion in assets were moved from the Afghan Central Bank to the Afghanistan Resilience Trust Fund (ARTF).

Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) said in its latest report that the United States has appropriated or otherwise made available $17.19 billion in assistance to Afghanistan and to Afghan refugees since the return of the Islamic Emirate.

SIGAR said $3.5 billion in assets were moved from the Afghan Central Bank to the Afghanistan Resilience Trust Fund (ARTF), and it counted this amount as part of the $17.19 billion total.

According to SIGAR’s report, these funds have been spent on humanitarian aid to Afghanistan and the cost of relocating and resettling Afghans who have worked with the US.

A part of the SIGAR report states: "$3.50 billion (was) transferred to the Afghanistan Resilience Trust Fund that is intended to protect macro financial stability on behalf of the Afghan people and could, in the long-term, include recapitalizing Afghanistan’s central bank, should the conditions materialize.”

Officials of the Islamic Emirate said the funds in the Afghanistan Resilience Trust Fund are part of the strategic reserves of the people of Afghanistan.

https://tolonews.com/business-188625
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
You can count on it, some of that money has made its way to terrorist "immigration" cells in the US. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson