Author Topic: Elections in Yorkshire: The Muslim Empire strikes back hard at Ye Olde England  (Read 98 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 4, 2024
Elections in Yorkshire: The Muslim Empire strikes back hard at Ye Olde England
By Andrea Widburg

I spent one of the happiest years of my life in Leeds, Yorkshire, England. Now, I’m afraid I’d be run out of town for being Jewish. Cementing that feeling is a video that’s circulating on X showing one of the newest members of the Leeds City Council celebrating his victory with a cry of “Allahu Akbar.”

In 1981, I got accepted to the University of Leeds for my junior year abroad in England. I was absolutely devastated. I’d had dreams of strolling through the medieval streets and quads of Oxford or the courts of Cambridge. Instead, I was being banished to the desolate north to a late Victorian institution.

I was so wrong to be disappointed. I adored my time in Leeds. No, it wasn’t all beautiful and medieval, but I had fun from beginning to end. Additionally—especially for a person coming from San Francisco—fall and spring dazzled me. To this day, I’ve never seen a more lovely spring than I did in Leeds when my daily walk between my flat and my classes took me through a park that had acres of snowdrops, crocuses, daffodils, roses, horse chestnuts, and other feasts for the eye.

What I also discovered about Leeds was the sheer Englishness of it all. As a committed Anglophile since my childhood, I basked in the fact that Leeds felt like England. The same was not the case in Southern England. London was a cosmopolitan, multicultural city; Oxford and Cambridge had international student populations; and the more popular tourist destinations had visitors from around the world who drowned out the locals. But Leeds, specifically, and Northern England, more generally, were English.

And then I left Leeds and never went back.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/05/elections_in_yorkshire_the_muslim_empire_strikes_back_hard_at_ye_olde_england.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34