Author Topic: Witness: Migrants smuggled in boat engine compartment  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Witness: Migrants smuggled in boat engine compartment
« on: May 05, 2024, 01:02:29 pm »
Witness: Migrants smuggled in boat engine compartment

by: Julian Resendiz
Posted: May 3, 2024 / 05:26 PM CDT
Updated: May 3, 2024 / 06:10 PM CDT

American fishing vessel operators accused of transporting 12 unauthorized Mexicans, Rumanian off California coast
 ccording to court documents, the Coast Guard spotted a vessel entering U.S. territorial waters from Mexico and moved to intercept it.

An officer interviewed the boat’s captain, Steven Giffin, and was told only two people were onboard fishing. But the Coast Guard crew allegedly noticed the fishing rods lacked reels and were not the kind used for catching tuna.

Missing surfers — 1 American, 2 Australians — found dead in Baja

The Coast Guard also interviewed Jonathan Brent Salter, the boat’s other occupant, who told officers he had been working on the engine; further questioning allegedly revealed that the vessel had met with another boat in Mexico “to pick up people,” records show.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigra...e-compartment/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson