Author Topic: Long Beach Declares Public Health Emergency Due to ‘Surprising’ Tuberculosis Outbreak  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Long Beach Declares Public Health Emergency Due to ‘Surprising’ Tuberculosis Outbreak

by AMY FURR 4 May 2024

Officials declared a local public health emergency on Thursday due to a tuberculosis outbreak in Long Beach, California.

City Health Officer Dr. Anissa Davis made the declaration to “strengthen the City’s preparedness and ability to respond” to the outbreak, the official press release said.

Authorities noted the outbreak is isolated to a “distinct population” and informed the public that the risk of contracting the illness is low.

“The population at risk in this outbreak has significant barriers to care including homelessness and housing insecurity, mental illness, substance use and serious medical comorbidities,” the news release continued:

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...osis-outbreak/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I find absolutely nothing surprising about a TB outbreak! **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson