Author Topic: 'Stop the invasion': Migrant flights in battleground state ignite bipartisan backlash from lawmakers  (Read 116 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MONTANA
'Stop the invasion': Migrant flights in battleground state ignite bipartisan backlash from lawmakers
A sheriff told Fox News Digital that Wednesday was just 'one of many instances' where migrants have come to Montana seeking asylum
Aubrie Spady By Aubrie Spady , Adam Shaw Fox News
Published May 4, 2024 10:31am EDT

140 migrants indicted in Texas over alleged border breach
El Paso District Attorney Bill Hicks joins 'America's Newsroom' to discuss his efforts to prosecute the migrants on misdemeanor charges after a judge had thrown the cases out.

Democrat and Republican lawmakers in a crucial battleground state are "deeply troubled" after a group of illegal immigrants were flown to the Big Sky Country on a late night flight.

Five migrants, reportedly from Venezuela, were flown from New York to Kalispell, Montana Wednesday night into Glacier Park International Airport, Flathead County Sheriff Brian Heino confirmed to Fox News Digital. The migrants were reportedly dropped off and eventually provided housing in the city, but Heino said it was just "one of many instances."

"The only way an illegal immigrant from South America ends up in Montana is if a ‘nonprofit’ connected with the Biden Administration moves them there," said Rep. Ryan Zinke, R-Mont., said in a press release, referring to Valley Neighbors, the local nonprofit that picked up the migrants who were flown into the state.

"Montana law enforcement, schools, hospitals and safety nets are being stressed to their max because of the Biden border crisis," said Zinke, who represents the district covering Flathead. "It’s unacceptable and absolutely needs to end now."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/stop-invasion-migrant-flights-battleground-state-ignite-bipartisan-backlash-lawmakers
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson