Author Topic: Bill Gates wants to use AI for genetically modifying beef cows to “save the planet”  (Read 886 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bill Gates wants to use AI for genetically modifying beef cows to “save the planet”
04/23/2024 / By Cassie B.

Microsoft founder Bill Gates recently discussed how AI could fight climate change on his podcast, Unconfuse Me With Bill Gates, and it was just the type of unhinged conversation you would expect from the same man who touts synthetic beef, depopulation, preventing cows from burping and experimental geoengineering.

He made his latest remarks in an interview with data scientist Hannah Ritchie. When their conversation turned to artificial intelligence and its potential utility in addressing environmental issues, he shared his surprise at how quickly the technology has been advancing.

“I was very stunned how the AIs went from basically not being able to read or write at all, to doing that in a very facile way,” he told her.

When asked if he thought AI could play a role in taking action on the climate, he answered, “Absolutely.” He then cited the example of genetically modifying beef cattle with AI so that they produce less methane, or using AI to somehow produce “meat without the cow.”

https://www.climate.news/2024-04-23-bill-gates-ai-genetically-modifying-cows.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

What we need to do with cows who fart methane is eat them. Voila, problem solved.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

What we need to do with cows who fart methane is eat them. Voila, problem solved.

I second that! Gates wanting to save the planet?  Right!  That's why he's purchased up so much farmland.

https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/web/AG/news/business-inputs/article/2024/01/30/tech-billionaire-bill-gates-spent
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Offline roamer_1

"As in the days of Noah..."

Offline LMAO

No thanks

I prefer a real steak
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Another little snippet from the UK #NetZero plan: 'Beef and lamb phased out by 2050 and replaced by greatly expanded demand for vegetarian food'

https://twitter.com/latimeralder/status/1787032766204223995
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Gates is evil.  I continue to pray that the Lord God Jesus Christ stops the evil that keeps prevailing in this country.

I become overwhelmed by all the evilness that is surrounding this country and countries across the globe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I can't wait till Gates's cells have all achieved entropy.

Offline Kamaji

I can't wait till Gates's cells have all achieved entropy.

:thumbsup: