General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Pelosi says Democrats intend to codify abortion nationally — and end the filibuster

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
May 4, 2024
Pelosi says Democrats intend to codify abortion nationally — and end the filibuster
By Eric Utter

U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi says Democrats will eliminate the Senate filibuster and codify nationwide abortion-on-demand if her party keeps the White House, Senate, and takes back the House in November.

Appearing on MSNBC with Katy Tur recently, "High Brows" declared abortion a “democracy issue” and said that, for women, it is about the “freedom to make your own decisions.” She added: “It’s a personal decision, it’s an economic decision at the kitchen table of America’s families, if and when they could expand their families or even start their families.”

The freedom to make one’s own decisions as a woman? Like deciding to drink and drive—or club a baby seal over the head? Actually, it is much worse than that, of course, as it is deliberately taking a human life. A question for Nancy: have you heard of contraception? The Rhythm Method? Abstinence?

“It’s an economic decision?” To be made at the kitchen table? How cold and calculated is that? Monstrous.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/05/pelosi_says_democrats_intend_to_codify_abortion_nationally_and_end_the_filibuster.html

Fishrrman:
I will agree with her on one point.

If by the stoke of luck Mr. Trump wins and re-assumes the presidency, and if the Pubbies win both the Senate and retain the House, then to save the country, the filibuster must go.

It's that simple.
(I realize the implications, but there's really no other option possible)

libertybele:
Nutty Nancy sounds off again.

LMAO:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on May 04, 2024, 10:59:03 pm ---I will agree with her on one point.

If by the stoke of luck Mr. Trump wins and re-assumes the presidency, and if the Pubbies win both the Senate and retain the House, then to save the country, the filibuster must go.

It's that simple.
(I realize the implications, but there's really no other option possible)

--- End quote ---

So what happens if and when the Democrats again take control of Congress? Nope. The filibuster stays

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version