General Category > Computers

Windows 11 S**ks

(1/5) > >>

Kamaji:
Just have to bloviate for a second.

I just bought a lightly used 14" that I intend to convert to my new Linux box, but since it came with a valid Win11 license, I thought I would try out Win11 first.

Boy am I glad I never let my real windows system "upgrade" to Win11.

First impression:  a shoddy Mac rip-off UI.  Apparently Windows UI developers have run out of all creativity and are reduced to creating second-rate knock-offs of the Mac UI.

Second impression:  can't wait to put Linux on this machine.  The machine will thank me for it.

DB:
I bought a brand-new top end workstation laptop about a year ago that only came with windows 11. Never booted it to it... Wiped it and installed Windows 10 Professional.

Windows 11 sucks big time. Serving out ads in the OS is the last straw.

corbe:
   I'm gonna have to build a new PC this summer and I will keep Win10 on it as long as I can.  Win11 leaves a lot to be desired for. 

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: corbe on May 04, 2024, 03:58:48 am ---   I'm gonna have to build a new PC this summer and I will keep Win10 on it as long as I can.  Win11 leaves a lot to be desired for. 

--- End quote ---

Are there Win-only apps you need to use?  If not, consider going Linux.  I've been using Mint Linux for several years, and while LibreOffice is not quite as good as MS Word (the dedicated app, not the ridiculous browser-based Office 365 version), it works, and best of all, it's free.

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on May 04, 2024, 03:50:44 am ---Just have to bloviate for a second.

I just bought a lightly used 14" that I intend to convert to my new Linux box, but since it came with a valid Win11 license, I thought I would try out Win11 first.

Boy am I glad I never let my real windows system "upgrade" to Win11.

First impression:  a shoddy Mac rip-off UI.  Apparently Windows UI developers have run out of all creativity and are reduced to creating second-rate knock-offs of the Mac UI.

Second impression:  can't wait to put Linux on this machine.  The machine will thank me for it.

--- End quote ---

I'm not just going to throw the Win11 license away; instead, I'm going to just leave it installed on the current ssd, and just swap the 512GB ssd out (with Win11 on it) for a new 1T ssd on which I will install Linux.  That way, if I ever need to go back to Win11, I can just swap the old ssd back in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version