Author Topic: White House pressed on ex-Baltimore prosecutor Marilyn Mosby’s pardon request  (Read 186 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House pressed on ex-Baltimore prosecutor Marilyn Mosby’s pardon request
By
Haisten Willis
May 3, 2024 4:46 pm

The White House was repeatedly pressed Friday about offering a presidential pardon to former Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby.

Mosby faces up to 40 years in prison after being found guilty of perjury and mortgage fraud, but says the convictions are related to her decision to charge police officers involved in Freddie Gray’s death in 2015.

“I’m confident that this administration will see past the political attacks,” Mosby told MSNBC’s Joy Reid. “I know that I’ve done nothing wrong, nothing criminal.”

During the White House press briefing, The Grio‘s April Ryan asked if President Joe Biden will consider a pardon.

“[Mosby] was one of the those who really was groundbreaking in efforts of policing and accountability,” Ryan said. “Bakari Sellers says that it looks like political persecution as well as retribution for what she did many years ago in the Freddie Gray case.”

Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre did not weigh in on Biden’s stance, saying it is up to the Department of Justice.

“I don’t want to be speaking to any individual pardon request,” she said. “That is not something I can do. The Department of Justice has their process, a process that is thorough, that is deliberative.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/2990797/white-house-pressed-marilyn-mosby-pardon/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online the OlLine Rebel

Oh my.

So again, she didn’t commit fraud.

Because only what she did during Freddie Gray is what should be scrutinized.  Anything else doesn’t count.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.