Author Topic: Henry Cuellar proclaims innocence ahead of reported DOJ indictment  (Read 234 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Henry Cuellar proclaims innocence ahead of reported DOJ indictment
By
Rachel Schilke
May 3, 2024 11:56 am

Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX) is insisting he is innocent after reports that the Justice Department may announce an indictment of the representative as soon as Friday.

Cuellar said in a statement that he and his wife are innocent and that “everything I have done in Congress has been to serve the people of South Texas.”

“Before I took any action, I proactively sought legal advice from the House Ethics Committee, who gave me more than one written opinion, along with an additional opinion from a national law firm,” the Texas Democrat said. “The actions I took in Congress were consistent with the actions of many of my colleagues and in the interest of the American people.

“These allegations have been difficult on my family,” Cuellar continued. “But, with your prayers, we will overcome.”

Cuellar noted that he is still running for reelection in November and “will win.”

NBC News reported Friday morning that the DOJ was preparing to announce an indictment of Cuellar. According to the outlet, his staff members were calling other Congress members’ offices on Friday seeking advice on how to handle the situation.

Allegations against Cuellar began circulating in 2022, when his home and campaign offices in Laredo, Texas, were raided in January that year as part of the DOJ’s investigation into Azerbaijan and businessmen connected to the nation. It is unclear if Friday’s possible indictment is related to the 2022 raid. In April of that year, Cuellar’s lawyer told several news outlets that the congressman was informed he was not the target of the investigation.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2990140/henry-cuellar-proclaims-innocence-doj-indictment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

Re: Henry Cuellar proclaims innocence ahead of reported DOJ indictment
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 05:13:36 pm »
 Henry Cuellar, he was good on Squidbillies.

Online mountaineer

Re: Henry Cuellar proclaims innocence ahead of reported DOJ indictment
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 12:38:04 pm »
Democrat Congressman Henry Cuellar and his wife have been charged by the DOJ for allegedly taking $600,000 in bribes from an oil & gas company owned and controlled by the government of Azerbaijan.

That's now two Democrats in Congress indicted for taking foreign bribes.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1786460466434183679
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org