Author Topic: Is this the most dysfunctional state in America?  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is this the most dysfunctional state in America?
« on: May 03, 2024, 04:48:47 pm »
Is this the most dysfunctional state in America? Soaring unemployment, sky-rocketing debt and punishing taxes send residents fleeing

Illinois is grappling with issues which have triggered a rise in residents departing

The state has struggled to add jobs and its public pension debt has ballooned

Conservative thinktanks have grouped Illinois with other struggling blue states
By LEWIS PENNOCK

PUBLISHED: 12:05 EDT, 3 May 2024 | UPDATED: 12:16 EDT, 3 May 2024

Move over California and New York, a new state is in contention for the 'most dysfunctional' in America.

Illinois is grappling with a string of issues which have triggered a rise in residents departing the state.

The state has struggled to add jobs and its public pension debt has ballooned to nearly $150 billion. Meanwhile, its population has declined, hurting tax income.

Conservative thinktanks have now grouped Illinois with other blue states like New York and California, which have also faced an exodus amid issues ranging from immigration to crime.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13380179/most-dysfunctional-state-illinois-unemployment-debt-taxes.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Is this the most dysfunctional state in America?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 05:33:11 pm »
Make IL great again. Jettison Cook County then nuke it from space.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Is this the most dysfunctional state in America?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 10:56:48 pm »
Kinda agree with Wingnut.

Cut off the top 25% of the state, making two.