Author Topic: Climate Change: A Natural Hazard – A Note from Bill Kininmonth  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change: A Natural Hazard – A Note from Bill Kininmonth
May 2, 2024 By jennifer

There has been a lot in the press about the recent spike in global temperatures, and claims have followed about how this has caused the oceans to warm and the corals to bleach.

There has been a spike in global temperatures as measured by the satellites since 1979, and there remains much regional and seasonal variability in this data.  Furthermore, the same satellite data very clearly shows that the warmth is coming from the oceans, not from the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

The Australian Bureau Meteorology, among others, could easily issue a press release clarifying this.  Of course, they don’t – because the Bureau’s leadership have an agenda, that this misinformation supports.

My friend Bill Kininmonth is a former Bureau employee – for more than a decade he headed Australia’s National Climate Centre and was a Bureau delegate to the Second World Climate Conference that culminated in the first IPCC report.

https://jennifermarohasy.com/2024/05/climate-change-a-natural-hazard-a-note-from-bill-kininmonth/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Re: Climate Change: A Natural Hazard – A Note from Bill Kininmonth
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 05:01:18 pm »
We’re still coming out of an ice age; it’s supposed to be warming!!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Climate Change: A Natural Hazard – A Note from Bill Kininmonth
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 06:49:35 pm »
It was hot before 1979 ... like August 15, 1975 when my family moved into a new house when the temperature was 105oF in suburban Boston.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.