Author Topic: Everyone’s V-22s are flying again—and may do so past 2060  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Everyone’s V-22s are flying again—and may do so past 2060
As all services emerge from March’s grounding, the program’s manager lays out long-term plans.
AUDREY DECKER | MAY 1, 2024
MARINE CORPS AIR FORCE NAVY

The U.S. Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force are all flying and deploying their V-22 Ospreys again, after the Pentagon’s monthslong grounding was lifted in March.

“We’re back to flying. We got all services back in the sky,” Marine Col. Brian Taylor, the V-22 program manager, said Tuesday during the Modern Day Marine conference. 

Each service had its own plan to get its tiltrotor aircraft flying again after the three-month grounding. All V-22s halted operations in December after a “materiel failure” caused an Air Force Special Operations Command CV-22 crash off the coast of Japan, killing eight airmen.

The program still doesn’t know why the part failed, but Taylor told Defense One they have narrowed down the root cause and identified “all the modes that can possibly end up with this outcome.”

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2024/05/everyones-v-22s-are-flying-againand-may-do-so-past-2060/396242/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Everyone’s V-22s are flying again—and may do so past 2060
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 04:18:28 pm »
At least until the next bunch of crashes.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson