Author Topic: US, Mexico to clamp down on illegal immigration, leaders say  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 US, Mexico to clamp down on illegal immigration, leaders say
Story by Ted Hesson and Raul Cortes • 3d •

By Ted Hesson and Raul Cortes

WASHINGTON/MEXICO CITY (Reuters) -The United States and Mexico plan to clamp down on illegal immigration at their shared border, leaders from both countries said on Monday, vowing to disrupt irregular crossings that have reached record levels in recent years.

In a phone conversation on Sunday, U.S. President Joe Biden and Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said their administrations would soon take steps to decrease illegal crossings while also addressing the economic and security problems that cause people to migrate.

"In the short term, the two leaders ordered their national security teams to work together to immediately implement concrete measures to significantly reduce irregular border crossings while protecting human rights," the leaders said in a joint statement

Biden, a Democrat seeking another four-year term in the Nov. 5 election, has toughened his approach to border security in recent months as immigration has emerged as a top concern among voting-age Americans.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-mexico-to-clamp-down-on-illegal-immigration-leaders-say/ar-AA1nT1at?ocid=BingNewsSearch
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US, Mexico to clamp down on illegal immigration, leaders say
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 01:41:55 pm »
If they do what they've always done, they will get what they've always gotten = even if they put twice as much effort into it. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson