Author Topic: Losses mount for border industry as Texas truck inspections continue  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Losses mount for border industry as Texas truck inspections continue
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: May 2, 2024 / 06:39 PM CDT

Updated: May 2, 2024 / 06:39 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Commercial trucks coming over from Mexico again moved at a snail’s pace as Texas Department of Public Safety enhanced inspections continued for a sixth consecutive day at the El Paso region’s largest commercial border crossing.

The average truck wait at the Ysleta port of entry was eight hours on Thursday – a far cry from the usual 50- to 80-minute crossing time. The wait time at the Santa Teresa (New Mexico) Port of Entry that has become an alternative was 140 minutes – about four times normal.

A Juarez truck driver talks on the phone as semis trying to get across into the United States are not moving at the Ysleta port of entry.

Mexican Chamber of Industry Board Member Thor Salayandia said the delays so far have cost the border industry $130 million to $135 million. That includes overtime pay for drivers, unfulfilled deliveries, and additional warehousing costs.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/trade/losses-mount-for-border-industry-as-texas-truck-inspections-continue/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Send all those death traps back to Mejico and let them kill people there! :amen:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Mexican Chamber of Industry Board Member Thor Salayandia said the delays so far have cost the border industry $130 million to $135 million. That includes overtime pay for drivers, unfulfilled deliveries, and additional warehousing costs.

Cry me a river! That's not even a drop on the bucket to what illegals from Mexico and other countries flooding across the border have cost Americans, and that's not even considering the upheaval of our society, illegal voting and drugs. GFY Thor and KMA!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've posted this before:

CLOSE THE BORDER between the USA and Mexico.
Just close it.
No legal "crossing points".
AT ALL.

No trucks.
No cars.
No walk-throughs.
No trains.
NOTHING.

As for commercial traffic, either fly it in or send it via container ship.

I don't care what this does for the industries in Mexico.
I don't care what this does for the trucking companies.
I don't care what this does for the railroad traffic.

Mexico has become our enemy.
It should be treated as such.