Poll

POTUS in 2024? (Part 2)

Voting closes: July 02, 2024, 12:58:25 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers (Part II) Election Sentiment 6 Months Out  (Read 6285 times)

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Pulse of Briefers (Part II) Election Sentiment 6 Months Out
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2024, 04:52:58 pm »
LOL!  Too small a sample size.

85% of a few dozen people disliking Donald Trump in TBR...and $26.86 will get you one rib-eye at Wegman's   :beer:

Never said this was a adequate sample size.  Still, the fact only 15% of folks frequenting a conservative forum voting that way should at least raise some eyebrows .

OTOH....

Sample size?

20% of GOP primary voters after March voting for "other" is definitely an adquate indication though.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2024, 04:57:56 pm »
TRUMP for 3 reasons:

1. He will appoint good judges
2. He will undo the Green New Deal
3. He will enforce the border

I don't expect anything more from him, but I think he can reliably be counted on for these three things. I don't think either Biden or RFK would deliver on these things or anything else, for that matter. So Trump it is.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2024, 05:00:53 pm »
TRUMP for 3 reasons:

I don't expect anything more from him, but I think he can reliably be counted on for these three things. I don't think either Biden or RFK would deliver on these things or anything else, for that matter. So Trump it is.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2024, 05:03:46 pm »
TRUMP for 3 reasons:

Good points.  I also think that his economic policies won't be as damaging.  Will he run up the defict more?  I am guessing yes, but I think will at least slow the drunken DC spending binge.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2024, 05:03:51 pm »
I don't think whether or not someone likes Trump has any bearing. I dislike Trump intensely but I'm going to vote for him in November. I'm not voting for a drinking buddy. I'm voting for someone who has the best interests of this country at heart.

His record shows him to be inept and dangerous. HISTORIC destruction of liberty and treasure.
I will not sanction that, not to mention endorse it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2024, 05:14:38 pm »
His record shows him to be inept and dangerous. HISTORIC destruction of liberty and treasure.
I will not sanction that, not to mention endorse it.

You do what you damned well please @roamer_1 but I think you cannot get past your personal hatred when looking at the record. I stipulate that mistakes were made but that is very different than Biden and company's purposeful destruction.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2024, 05:17:41 pm »
Good points.  I also think that his economic policies won't be as damaging.  Will he run up the defict more?  I am guessing yes, but I think will at least slow the drunken DC spending binge.

His record suggests otherwise. The PPP "loan" program was an unmitigated disaster. One of the biggest examples of blatant looting of the treasury in my lifetime. Even before that, Trump had already run up the deficit to unheard of levels. I don't expect him to be any better than Biden, except he will try to make sure the government largesse goes to GOP-backed constituencies such as oil companies, small business, churches, etc.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2024, 05:32:06 pm »
His record suggests otherwise. The PPP "loan" program was an unmitigated disaster. One of the biggest examples of blatant looting of the treasury in my lifetime. Even before that, Trump had already run up the deficit to unheard of levels. I don't expect him to be any better than Biden, except he will try to make sure the government largesse goes to GOP-backed constituencies such as oil companies, small business, churches, etc.

Though I am not exactly a Trump fan, I think he handled the pandemic very well.  Minus Fauci and Birx, which he soon wised up to, but there is still question as to how Obama closed down Fauci's research but restarted under Trump.  He was in unprecedented territory -- people were depending on him to follow Fauci's advice...so for awhile he did.  When hydroxychloronique was pushed aside by Fauci, I think Trump wise up. Yes he ran up the deficit scrambling to provide medical personnel/hospital with PPE, he even provided temporary facilities and medical ship to assist those areas/hospitals that needed help.  I pat him on the back for that.

I am not an economist, but I can look at my wallet and it was much healthier during Trump's reign than it is now.  Biden is purposefully killing the economy.  Purposefully letting in ILLEGALS for votes and purposefully trying to take down this Republic. An election was stolen and no one will ever convince me otherwise.  I've stated this all before.

I've voiced my opinions as to why I can't vote for Trump but his economic policies were far better than Bidenomics.

Brandon doesn't know where he is most of the time and unfortunately Trump is beginning to show signs of the stress he's under and obviously he's aging.  One cannot escape aging; some just age better than others.

We need true strong conservative leadership period.  No one that is running fits that criteria.    Down ballot only.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2024, 05:32:47 pm »
You do what you damned well please @roamer_1 but I think you cannot get past your personal hatred when looking at the record. I stipulate that mistakes were made but that is very different than Biden and company's purposeful destruction.

I damnwell will. Personal hatred... You're better than that.
I vote record. Performance. Getting it done.

Tumpy did the opposite. In spades. Whether in malice or ineptitude matters not a whit.

Foremost, like Fauxi and Birx, he should have to pay for what he wrought.
Hundreds of thousands of deaths. DEATHS. Untold billions in treasure... And you would cover that with 'mistakes were made'? That is an insult to order and honor. The suffering at his hand must be paid for. Not rewarded.

And secondly, voting *for* big government from the right is against every fiber of my being. Who then will defend small government? No one. A vote for big government is unconscionable. exactly the opposite of everything I know we both stand upon. I will NOT lend that sanction. You may as well be voting for Romney. As of this vote, liberals own both sides of the aisle. How is that going to fare?

Y'all are going the wrong way.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2024, 05:58:18 pm »
If Donald Trump should win, he won’t inherit a growing economy with relatively low inflation like he did in 2017. He wants lower interest rates and a weaker dollar. It’s pretty obvious that his economic plan is to just put this country further into debt to include government spending artificially into GDP numbers. But he thinks he’ll lower the cost of servicing that debt

Just a short 10 years ago, putting this country further into debt when debt to GDP ratio is already well over 100% would’ve been universally condemned by many on this site

Yet somehow , when it comes to Trump, all must be forgiven and forgotten and even ignored. Will Donald Trump’s inflationary policies be any less harmful than Biden’s?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 06:00:16 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2024, 06:00:42 pm »
If Donald Trump should win, he won’t inherit a growing economy with relatively low inflation like he did in 2017. He wants lower interest rates and a weaker dollar. It’s pretty obvious that his economic plan is to just put this country further into debt to include government spending artificially into GDP numbers. But he thinks he’ll lower the cost of servicing that debt

Just a short 10 years ago, putting this country further into debt when debt to GDP ratio is already well over 100% would’ve been universally condemned by many on this site

Somehow, when it comes to Trump, all must be forgiven and forgotten and even ignored. Will Donald Trump’s inflationary policies be any less harmful than Biden’s?

So what you are saying is Trump inherited Obama's economy which was economically sound with low inflation?? Also, why do you believe that Trump wants a weaker dollar??

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2024, 06:02:38 pm »
So what you are saying is Trump inherited Obama's economy which was economically sound with low inflation?? Also, why do you believe that Trump wants a weaker dollar??

It's very easy for some to ignore the biological attack (COVID) Trump had dumped on him.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2024, 06:25:04 pm »

Yes to the first. Trump did not inherit an economy in crisis or a recession.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/01/trumps-economic-growth-is-slower-than-obamas-last-3-years/?sh=2a80f7f24fed

The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis released its first estimate for the December quarter and it shows the economy growing at 2.1%. For 2019 GDP growth was 2.3%, which is down from 2.9% in 2018 and just below 2.4% in 2017, Trump’s first year in office.

Over the 12 quarters Trump has been President only four of them have had GDP growth over 3% and six of the quarter’s growth was 2.3% or lower. And for the past three quarters GDP growth has been 2.0%, 2.1% and 2.1%, respectively. This is a far cry from Trump’s claim that the economy could growth 4%, 5% or maybe even 6% when he was President.

Note  that these numbers were before the pandemic

And on your second question, Trump has said he wants a weaker dollar

« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 06:39:24 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2024, 06:43:55 pm »
It's very easy for some to ignore the biological attack (COVID) Trump had dumped on him.

Agreed.  Here is the U.S. Inflation Rate by President: From Eisenhower to Biden.

Donald Trump (2017–2021)

Average YOY Inflation Rate: 1.9%

The average yearly inflation rate under President Donald Trump was 1.9%. Inflation remained low during Trump’s presidency.

When the COVID-19 pandemic hit in 2020, bringing a brief but severe recession along with it, the Trump administration declared a state of emergency and passed stimulus measures such as the $2 trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act in an attempt to provide relief to individuals and businesses

https://www.investopedia.com/us-inflation-rate-by-president-8546447

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2024, 07:09:59 pm »

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1792578596835373199

Please, enough about this. Let's concentrate on 2024 instead of trying to dig up this nonsense.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2024, 07:12:58 pm »
Please, enough about this. Let's concentrate on 2024 instead of trying to dig up this nonsense.

Nonsense??? Are you kidding me?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2024, 07:16:06 pm »

Totally disagree.  The straight out fraud committed in the 2020 voting has to remain in the news cycles, because one day voting with ID and a purple dyed index finger are apparently not kosher.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2024, 07:18:15 pm »
Totally disagree.  The straight out fraud committed in the 2020 voting has to remain in the news cycles, because one day voting with ID and a purple dyed index finger are apparently not kosher.

888high58888

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2024, 10:13:55 pm »
LOL!  Too small a sample size.

85% of a few dozen people disliking Donald Trump in TBR...and $26.86 will get you one rib-eye at Wegman's   :beer:

Just trying to help members save a few bucks..they are t-bones btw..I too prefer bone in rib-eyes or filets
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2024, 10:27:01 pm »
Just trying to help members save a few bucks..they are t-bones btw..I too prefer bone in rib-eyes or filets

:beer:

Was at COSTCO this morning for my Deer Park water run and noticed the PRIME rib-eyes are now $80 for pack of 5.    :thud:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald