Author Topic: Austin Council Passes Resolution Making the City a ‘Sanctuary’ for Child Gender Mutilation  (Read 836 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Brandon Waltens   | May 2, 2024

Even before the council meeting began, activists showed up outside city hall to voice their opposition.

AUSTIN—City Council Members have approved a resolution making the state’s capital a sanctuary for gender-mutilation procedures and chemical castration, though the actual effect of the move may be limited.

The resolution was sent to the council by the city’s LGBTQ Quality of Life Advisory Commission. It states that the policy of the city will be that no city personnel, funds, or resources will be used to investigate, criminally prosecute, or impose administrative penalties on gender-confused individuals seeking gender-mutilative procedures or an individual or organization attempting to assist the individual to receive the procedures.

Even before the council meeting began, activists showed up outside city hall to voice their opposition.

One of those activists was Soren Aldaco, a destransitioner who, as a minor, was given cross-sex hormones and puberty blockers. Shortly after her 19th birthday, she underwent a double mastectomy that nearly killed her.

Now, she has filed a lawsuit against doctors who allegedly pressured her into adopting a transgender identity beginning at the age of 15.

“After experiencing no dearth of complications related to these treatments, I chose to make peace with my sex instead of fighting it,” said Aldaco. “I now have filed one of the first lawsuits of its kind, designed to hold the practitioners who transitioned me accountable.”

Aldaco also noted that state law—the recently enacted Senate Bill 14—prohibits gender mutilative procedures from being performed on minors, making the city’s actions largely moot.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/local/austin-council-passes-resolution-making-the-city-a-sanctuary-for-child-gender-mutilation/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The peoples republic of Austin. Where a bunch of hairy legged women and liberal fruit cakes with man buns rule the city.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

I look forward to the day when those children that get mutilated can hold the enablers accountable.

Offline Kamaji

I look forward to the day when those children that get mutilated can hold the enablers accountable.

:thumbsup: