Author Topic: REPORT: Trump’s VP List Is Down To 4 Options  (Read 3252 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
REPORT: Trump’s VP List Is Down To 4 Options
« on: May 03, 2024, 11:21:22 am »

Trending Politics
By Chris Powell
May 2, 2024

As the political season heats up, former President Donald Trump’s search for a vice presidential candidate is beginning to garner more attention. With the Republican National Committee’s spring donor retreat set for this weekend in Palm Beach, Trump’s list of potential running mates has reportedly narrowed to four key figures: Governor Doug Burgum (R-ND), Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), Senator J.D. Vance (R-OH), and Senator Tim Scott (R-SC). The gathering of influential Republican donors and politicos could serve as an informal audition for these candidates.

Each of the four contenders brings a unique blend of experience and appeal to the potential ticket, aligning with Trump’s vision for America’s future. Governor Doug Burgum of North Dakota, a relative newcomer on the national scene, is known for his business acumen and successful leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic. His background in software entrepreneurship and his focus on economic development aligns well with Trump’s business-first approach to governance.

Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, a seasoned politician who has been on the national stage for years, adds a wealth of foreign policy experience and a deep connection to the crucial state of Florida. Rubio’s conservative credentials and his appeal among Hispanic voters are seen as significant assets that could help solidify the Republican base.

(more)
https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/report-trumps-vp-list-is-down-to-4-options-mace/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

Re: REPORT: Trump’s VP List Is Down To 4 Options
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 12:28:36 pm »
The issue isn’t Trump’s vice president choice. It doesn’t matter who he picks. It’s his policies that are scary

Some of his proposals and comments and parts of his record don’t go away because  of his vice president choice

His economic record as president wasn’t as great as his supporters like to claim. Obama supporters used to claim the same thing when it came to his economic record

Trump wants to take more control over the federal reserve in controlling interest rates. He wants to devalue our currency. He wants more more dangerous, protectionist tariffs. He wants to expand the federal government and the federal debt and a time that we’re already experiencing crushing inflation

And Trump, unlike his first run as president, won’t have the luxury of Low interest rates and relatively low inflation and easy money

And his so-called fantastic economic was already being downgraded before the pandemic.

Why do his supporters believe that Americans won’t be disgusted with his economic wrecking policies as they are with Biden’s?

What would follow a Trump reelection is an Elizabeth Warren type getting elected. Then we’ll  have some real problems

Until Trump admits the mistakes he made in his first term and start sounding like Javier Milei, I don’t care who he picks for vice president. But there’s no chance of that. This was a guy who had Tulsi Gabbard on his list for vice president

So we’re gonna be in for four more years of pain, regardless of who wins
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 12:34:28 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 01:42:17 pm »
I do feel like I am in some kind of 'Twilight Zone' of history. I am now in 1933, and I have Jews lecturing me on how Hitler is just a nice old grandfather figure. Hitler/Biden would never hurt anybody. I am trapped in some kind of historical repeat of STUPID.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 10:20:42 pm »
Burgum -- no. What has he done as a governor to distinguish himself? (as, say, DeSantis or Scott Walker) The guy is a "cypher politician". Convince me otherwise.

Rubio -- bad choice (and the problem with both candidates being "from" the same state). He's not going to bring in any more votes than Mr. Trump would win in Florida anyway.

Scott -- NO. This guy will prove to be a liability, not an asset. Again, no!

That leaves J.D. Vance.
I've mentioned his name for months in this forum as who should run with Mr. Trump.

Mr. Vance won't need a speechwriter -- he's a writer by past trade.
He could even smooth out Mr. Trump's speeches.
And he seems to have had a decent record in the Senate, as well.

If he gets the nod and wins the job, he can also leave a Senate seat that Republicans should be able to retain.

And again, I'd like to offer Rand Paul.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 10:21:39 pm by Fishrrman »

Online rustynail

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 10:32:31 pm »
"That leaves J.D. Vance."  Good choice.  I read his book.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 10:37:22 pm »
Burgum -- no. What has he done as a governor to distinguish himself? (as, say, DeSantis or Scott Walker) The guy is a "cypher politician". Convince me otherwise.

Rubio -- bad choice (and the problem with both candidates being "from" the same state). He's not going to bring in any more votes than Mr. Trump would win in Florida anyway.

Scott -- NO. This guy will prove to be a liability, not an asset. Again, no!

That leaves J.D. Vance.
I've mentioned his name for months in this forum as who should run with Mr. Trump.

Mr. Vance won't need a speechwriter -- he's a writer by past trade.
He could even smooth out Mr. Trump's speeches.
And he seems to have had a decent record in the Senate, as well.

If he gets the nod and wins the job, he can also leave a Senate seat that Republicans should be able to retain.

And again, I'd like to offer Rand Paul.

Out of these four I would like Vance and it would help to win Ohio...the Dems will throw everything they have at that Senate race..

as far as Rand Paul...I like him too!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 11:13:04 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 10:43:37 pm »
Rand Paul isn't compatible with Trump, particularly after the Fauci disaster that Trump gave him a medal for...

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2024, 11:09:55 pm »
Of the 4, Vance would also be my pick, although Trump really needs to appeal to the female vote because of the issue of abortion.  I think he's overlooked Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  Noem isn't going to make the cut anymore, so Sanders would be my pick.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2024, 11:16:20 pm »
Of the 4, Vance would also be my pick, although Trump really needs to appeal to the female vote because of the issue of abortion.  I think he's overlooked Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  Noem isn't going to make the cut anymore, so Sanders would be my pick.

I think you may be right that it should be a woman..I just hope it's not Tulsi Gabbard..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2024, 11:23:58 pm »
Trump still has a huge hurdle to get over; all the felonies against him.  Things don't look too promising.

I think his supporters and the GOP voters in general need to brace themselves and figure out who they're going to run this November.

OTH, will we even see an election is my concern?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2024, 11:24:48 pm »
I think you may be right that it should be a woman..I just hope it's not Tulsi Gabbard..

She would be a noose around Trump's neck.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2024, 11:26:47 pm »
Rand Paul isn't compatible with Trump, [...]

And JD Vance is...  :whistle:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2024, 11:27:53 pm »
And Tulsi Gabbard is too...  :silly:

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2024, 11:33:26 pm »
   Trump would guarantee his re election picking a smart black woman, unfortunately that's an oxymoron, so he's left with a hispanic/white woman to have any Hope and shore up his electoral vulnerabilities.  But the 'You'll get sick of winning' guy will flub this also and pick a white guy of no distinction just like last time cause that's who he is.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2024, 12:22:02 am »
Sanders has worked with Trump before; she has name recognition associated with his administration. As far as females go, I believe she'd be the best pick.

I could easily see her as President.  The first White female president at that!   happy77

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2024, 12:23:38 am »
And JD Vance is...  :whistle:
They're both blowhards, so it would fit.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2024, 12:24:13 am »
   Trump would guarantee his re election picking a smart black woman, unfortunately that's an oxymoron, so he's left with a hispanic/white woman to have any Hope and shore up his electoral vulnerabilities.  But the 'You'll get sick of winning' guy will flub this also and pick a white guy of no distinction just like last time cause that's who he is.
Until his court cases are over and he's still the nominee, this is really a mute issue.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2024, 01:09:49 am »
They're both blowhards, so it would fit.

And he's got that Brylcreme and Dentene shwing thing going on.... which is all that's important to em.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2024, 01:17:35 am »
Until his court cases are over and he's still the nominee, this is really a mute issue.

Isn't it already a moot issue for you since you're not voting for Trump under any circumstance?   Or have you changed your mind about this proclamation. @libertybele ?

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2024, 01:35:57 am »
Isn't it already a moot issue for you since you're not voting for Trump under any circumstance?   Or have you changed your mind about this proclamation. @libertybele ?

Bottom line is that the GOP has a nominee right now that may or may not be on the ballot come election time due to the outcome of his court cases.  Hopefully the RNC and the GOP has thought this through is all I'm saying.

As far as voting for Trump; I can not vote for someone who deliberately smears another person to destroy them.  That is just plain evil. I won't vote for evilness.

(Also noted -- I typed in mute instead of moot -- thanks for the correction  happy77).

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2024, 01:51:53 am »

As far as voting for Trump; I can not vote for someone who deliberately smears another person to destroy them.  That is just plain evil. I won't vote for evilness.

So why care who he chooses for a running mate @libertybele ?

BTW, did RDS sound "destroyed" today?  Video: 

https://twitter.com/miguelifornia/status/1786539056991736232

It seems Ron's boarding the Trump Train.  happy77

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2024, 02:44:03 am »
   And you will continue to raze DeSantis, just as you did Cruz, because that's the way you Trumpers
 roll.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2024, 04:22:03 am »
   And you will continue to raze DeSantis, just as you did Cruz, because that's the way you Trumpers
 roll.

Back away from the soy milk while you still can.  88devil

Online corbe

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2024, 04:27:05 am »
   Hardly, @Texas Robin has been telling me that I don't get enough vegetables so I'm taking care of that dietary shortage before she gets here Sunday.

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2024, 12:49:31 pm »
   Hardly, @Texas Robin has been telling me that I don't get enough vegetables so I'm taking care of that dietary shortage before she gets here Sunday.

Good luck.  :laugh: