Author Topic: Offshore wind is gearing up to bulldoze the ocean  (Read 101 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Offshore wind is gearing up to bulldoze the ocean
« on: May 03, 2024, 10:56:07 am »
Offshore wind is gearing up to bulldoze the ocean
By
David Wojick
|
May 1st, 2024

The Biden Administration has recently produced a wave of plans and regulatory actions aimed at building a monstrous amount of destructive offshore wind. No environmental impact assessment is included.

Time scales range from tomorrow to 2050. Here is a quick look at some of it, starting with the Grand Plan.

“Pathways to Commercial Liftoff: Offshore Wind” is the grandiose title of the Energy Department’s version of Biden’s vision. Their basic idea is that having successfully traversed the unexpected cost crisis, offshore wind is ready to take off.

They point out that even though costs quickly jumped an average of 65%, the boom market is unchanged. The coastal States are raring to go with huge offshore wind targets and laws. In short, it is a seller’s market. Cost is no object.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/05/01/offshore-wind-is-gearing-up-to-bulldoze-the-ocean/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson