Author Topic: The Looming Electrical Power Shortage  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Looming Electrical Power Shortage
« on: May 03, 2024, 10:30:01 am »
The Looming Electrical Power Shortage
5 hours ago Guest Blogger 7 Comments

By Steve Goreham

Originally published in Washington Examiner.

People in developed nations take abundant electricity for granted. When asked where electricity comes from, most will point to their wall outlet. But many states in the US are headed for a serious and prolonged shortage of electrical power not seen in decades, driven by rising demand from the artificial intelligence revolution and mandates to adopt green energy.

For 20 years, US electrical power policy has been dominated by efforts to try to “mitigate” global warming, believed to be caused by human greenhouse gas emissions. In 2021, President Joe Biden called for achieving a 100% carbon-free electric sector by 2035. Twenty-three states have enacted statues or issued executive orders to achieve Net Zero electricity generation by 2050.

Because of Net Zero mandates, US grid operators spent the last two decades replacing coal-fired power plants with natural gas plants, wind turbines, and solar installations. More than 200 coal plants have been closed, reducing electricity output from coal by almost 60% since 2007. From 2000 to 2023, wind and solar output rose from near zero to a combined 14.1% of US production. Over the same period, natural gas rose from 16.2% to 43.1% of power generation.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/05/02/the-looming-electrical-power-shortage/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Re: The Looming Electrical Power Shortage
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 05:43:01 pm »
 888mouth

Offline DB

Re: The Looming Electrical Power Shortage
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 06:19:40 pm »
It's going to come from Unicorns, duh...

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.