Author Topic: Trump’s VP Pick Should Be Someone Who Has Never Admitted to Shooting a Puppy.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 992 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s VP Pick Should Be Someone Who Has Never Admitted to Shooting a Puppy
Kurt Schlichter

The speculation over Donald Trump’s veep pick is heating up, and his potential choices’ respective pole positions have changed a lot since the last time I wrote about this. Now, I’ve been pretty clear that there were three main criteria for picking a running mate. One, the appointment cannot hurt the GOP, like by putting a seat at risk. Two, the nominee must be competent to be president. Three, the pick must bring something to the table as far as winning the election. And I guess I now have to add a fourth qualification. The nominee can’t have shot any puppies.

Now, I wouldn’t think that I would have to tell anybody that shooting puppies is a bad idea if you want to be elected by the American people. Americans like puppies. They don’t like people who shoot puppies. So, the thought process of anybody who wants to be liked by the American people admitting to shooting puppies escapes me.

Yet, Kristi Noem capped Cricket the dog and then wrote about it in her book. Besides being bizarre and cruel, this was politically insane. It’s totally disqualifying, and apparently Donald Trump agrees because rumor has it that she’s off his shortlist. Somewhere across the rainbow bridge, Cricket is wagging her tail as she watches Noem’s political future dragged to the gravel pit and given the Joe Pesci in “Goodfellas” treatment.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/05/02/trumps-vp-pick-should-be-someone-who-has-never-admitted-shooting-a-puppy-n2638470
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Really disappointed that Schlichter fell for the "puppy" line.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yet, Kristi Noem capped Cricket the dog and then wrote about it in her book. Besides being bizarre and cruel

City mouse.... **nononono*

Animal Control officers will have dogs who bite people put down routinely.

Somehow, that part keeps getting missed. It has to be willful.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hannity had Noem on last night and I thought she did well by explaining what happened re the dog...but we know the press will never let this story disappear.. 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Damnit!

Bipartisan House trio launches ‘Dog Lovers Caucus’ in jab to Kristi Noem incident
By
Rachel Schilke
May 2, 2024 11:14 am

Three House members are launching a new caucus dedicated to their “shared love of dogs” in response to “recent dog-related events,” a hint at the revelation that Gov. Kristi Noem (R-SD) killed her 14-month-old puppy, Cricket.

Reps. Jared Moskowitz (D-FL), Nancy Mace (R-SC), and Susan Wild (D-PA) announced the formation of the Congressional Dog Lovers Caucus, which will be an “informal, bipartisan group” dedicated to loving dogs for the “companionship, friendship, family, and health benefits” that they provide.

The caucus plans to hold events on Capitol Hill for fellow House members and staff, according to a press release sent Thursday.

“Dogs are the only thing on earth that loves you more than they love themselves,” Moskowitz said in a statement. “Their joy to live brings together Americans from all walks of life and can help nourish bipartisanship in Congress.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2988266/bipartisan-house-trio-launches-dog-lovers-caucus-kristi-noem/
Support the USO

Online Smokin Joe

« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 05:09:33 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 04:57:23 pm by mystery-ak »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Oh FFS!  *****rollingeyes*****
Thank goodness these people are tackling the reality important issues plaguing Americans today **nononono*

Online Smokin Joe

Let's take a better look at this (what's going on, and why).

Ignore facts... Dog was killing livestock, dog bit owner...

Equate large farm dog with teacup poodle in trendy handbag.

Have fits, establishing false narrative about vicious animal.

Now, sit back and watch as those not smart enough to run a country jump on board over yet another false narrative so they can 'virtue signal'...and don't forget to make it more important than the effing Border. Burn up those column inches and news cycle minutes while ignoring other issues, because, after all, this IS an election year, and anyone formidable enough to do what has to be done, no matter how unsavory some find it, MUST be cut from the ticket by any means possible. Have they got you by the emotions yet? --because that's how they roll. Next, Spielberg will put out a movie.

Merde! Wake up, people!

The reality is, that no one from this part of the country (the country) sees taking a dog out under these circumstances as anything but a public service.

Keep in mind I love dogs, have owned many, and currently have a 'rescue' Malinois. But if she bit someone in the absence of very good reason, as much as it would break my heart, it would be the end of her. And if I didn't have the guts to do it, someone else will make sure it happens.

Police 'destroy' animals who attack humans all the time. She has what it takes, and left out the middleman.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Let's take a better look at this (what's going on, and why).

Ignore facts... Dog was killing livestock, dog bit owner...

Equate large farm dog with teacup poodle in trendy handbag.

Have fits, establishing false narrative about vicious animal.

Now, sit back and watch as those not smart enough to run a country jump on board over yet another false narrative so they can 'virtue signal'...and don't forget to make it more important than the effing Border. Burn up those column inches and news cycle minutes while ignoring other issues, because, after all, this IS an election year, and anyone formidable enough to do what has to be done, no matter how unsavory some find it, MUST be cut from the ticket by any means possible. Have they got you by the emotions yet? --because that's how they roll. Next, Spielberg will put out a movie.

Merde! Wake up, people!

The reality is, that no one from this part of the country (the country) sees taking a dog out under these circumstances as anything but a public service.

Keep in mind I love dogs, have owned many, and currently have a 'rescue' Malinois. But if she bit someone in the absence of very good reason, as much as it would break my heart, it would be the end of her. And if I didn't have the guts to do it, someone else will make sure it happens.

Police 'destroy' animals who attack humans all the time. She has what it takes, and left out the middleman.

Had a dog down the street who attacked a neighbor once, but the cops only gave the owners a warning.

Last summer, same dog got out and attacked two little girls on the sidewalk, sending one to the hospital.  Dog then saw a neighbor and her daughter coming into my house across the street, and came running up our driveway heading straight for that little girl.  I heard them screaming.

My boy Forest, a half lab/half-husky, pushed his way out the door and intercepted that dog before it got to that little girl.  Chased it across the street, but was hit by a car and flung into the air.  Not the driver's fault because those dogs were moving fast.  He was 12 years old, and the best dog I ever had.

A few days later the little girl and her sister came over to our house with flowers and sympathy card for our boy, and said he was their hero.

So yeah, I have zero problems with Noem not giving that dog a second chance.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Had a dog down the street who attacked a neighbor once, but the cops only gave the owners a warning.

Last summer, same dog got out and attacked two little girls on the sidewalk, sending one to the hospital.  Dog then saw a neighbor and her daughter coming into my house across the street, and came running up our driveway heading straight for that little girl.  I heard them screaming.

My boy Forest, a half lab/half-husky, pushed his way out the door and intercepted that dog before it got to that little girl.  Chased it across the street, but was hit by a car and flung into the air.  Not the driver's fault because those dogs were moving fast.  He was 12 years old, and the best dog I ever had.

A few days later the little girl and her sister came over to our house with flowers and sympathy card for our boy, and said he was their hero.

If you listen to what Noem has to say this WAS the dog's second chance and it failed.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

You made me cry..Mag.
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

You made me cry..Mag.

I was crying writing it.  We still miss him.   He was the sweetest tempered thing imaginable.  We have a few cats, and though they fight with each other, they all adored him.  We'd give him a treat sometimes, and he'd carry it over to one of the cats and give it to them.   Just a remarkable animal.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 05:44:07 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online cato potatoe

I adopted my lab when he was 12 months old, and he was fully grown ~100 pounds.  If a 14 month old dog is killing livestock or biting its owner, he'll probably end up like Cricket eventually.  There is no time for that on a working ranch.  Yes, if she were too squeamish, then she could have taken him to a shelter, so he could drive someone else crazy.

Dumb controversy.  Her rumored affair with Lewandowski is what bothers me. 

Offline roamer_1

WAIT. FULL STOP.

Why is it cruel to shoot a dog?
Providing of course, a reasonable aim?

How is that 'cruel'?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Bipartisan House trio launches ‘Dog Lovers Caucus’ in jab to Kristi Noem incident
By
Rachel Schilke
May 2, 2024 11:14 am

Still waiting for the House to launch the bipartisan "Dead American Citizen Lovers Caucus" in a jab to illegal invaders and China's lucrative fentanyl enterprise.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Still waiting for the House to launch the bipartisan "Dead American Citizen Lovers Caucus" in a jab to illegal invaders and China's lucrative fentanyl enterprise.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'll say it again, Noem's problem is not the story, but how she chose to tell it in a mass-marketed political book --- and begs the question:  Who allowed her to tell this story while channeling Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultieri?

Did her editor never hear of the words "difficult decision",  "no choice but to euthanize the dog"?  And I would like to know who thought shooting a "PUPPY"  in the face had a reassuring feel to it.  Everyone involved in this is an idiot. 

Pro-tip to the editor(s):  Don't tempt fate ----- stay as far away from that gravel pit as humanly possible, or risk being part of the sequel.

Offline LMAO

Noem uses her goat and dog killing rampage as an example of how she’s willing to make the tough decisions in politics

Many politicians have made tough decisions without killing their pets and livestock in a fit of rage
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Noem uses her goat and dog killing rampage as an example of how she’s willing to make the tough decisions in politics

Many politicians have made tough decisions without killing their pets and livestock in a fit of rage

:facepalm2:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
I'll say it again, Noem's problem is not the story, but how she chose to tell it in a mass-marketed political book --- and begs the question:  Who allowed her to tell this story while channeling Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultieri?

Did her editor never hear of the words "difficult decision",  "no choice but to euthanize the dog"?  And I would like to know who thought shooting a "PUPPY"  in the face had a reassuring feel to it.  Everyone involved in this is an idiot. 

Pro-tip to the editor(s):  Don't tempt fate ----- stay as far away from that gravel pit as humanly possible, or risk being part of the sequel.

I totally agree with you, RIV. Noem was stupid for telling the story the way she did.

And by the way, we would have done the same thing with dog that kills livestock and bites his/her master.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline roamer_1

It's not a puppy. It is at least to be considered an adolescent dog....In every case another mere 6 months and it would be 'full grown'. When passing judgement on a chicken murdering hand-biter, being tried as an adult is not remarkable.

And his character is well defied by that point - You know what that dog is by the time he's a year old, with the exception of a bitch pup who has never passed a litter. The mothering instinct and the protections that come with it often come late.

But as a rule, a dog is what he is going to be (character-wise) at a year.

And there is nothing wrong with shooting a dog 'in the face', if the dog requires shooting. In fact, it would be a mercy.

Offline roamer_1

No, they generally don't.

Offline Lando Lincoln

I have euthanized a dog under “no options” circumstances but should I ever choose to become a political candidate, I sure as hell won’t reveal it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck